"Oldie Todi" Top 5 Page for this destination Todi by karenincalifornia

Todi Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 159 photos

My home for a week

And what a wonderful week it was! Todi was our home base for our trip to Northern Italy in the summer of 2004. This trip was significant because it was the very first major trip I took since becoming part of VT. My itinerary was greatly influenced by the recommendations of other VT members.

pchamlis told me I absolutely had to try the gelato and Italy had about 91 flavors. croisbeauty told me that Umbria was more beautiful than Tuscany and that I shouldn't miss the Umbrian Jazz Festival in Perugia. deecat gave me a list and description of Umbrian towns to visit and Todi was at the top of her list. And of course, I pestered other members incessantly with my questions. Thank you, VT friends! You helped make our trip to Italy incredibly memorable and one of the best vacations I have ever taken!

Not just once in a lifetime...

Todi was magical, classy, beautiful and fun. We visited many Umbrian towns, but Todi was my favorite right from the very start. With so many countries, cities and towns to visit in the world, I don't often say I will come back and I will stay in exactly the same place. But that is exactly what I said after this trip.

I will come back to Todi someday. I will do everything the same. I will stay in the same house. I will see the same sights. This vacation was my dream vacation and I will return.

• Pros:Charming medieval town, excellent restaurants, wonderful shops, well preserved buildings, beautiful countryside.
  • Cons:Todi is way too far away from California
  • In a nutshell:A town with storybook charm
  • Last visit to Todi: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2005

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM

We came close to visit here 3 years ago, but not time. Just got back from one month in Croatia to compare the Italy influence and it was a nice trip

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2008 at 2:12 PM

You guys know how to travel! What a fabulous villa...exactly how I'd like to spend my time in the country. Do you suppose they would notice a squatter in that little abandoned stone house?

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 8:38 AM

What a wonderful page!!! The area looks so pretty and so quiet. Where was everybody? As for the villa, just beautiful......

• May 23, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Was in this very restaurant two years ago the meal was one of the best my wife and I have had in Italy. Also stopped in the shop next door for great Itilian cookies.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 4:48 AM

well done, you have certainly given back more to VT than what we gave you ;-)

• Marylandwoman's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2006 at 8:37 AM

Hi Karen- My hubby and I plan to do the same train procedure for a daytrip into Florence. Did you travel midweek or weekend? Time of day? We wish to take an 8 am train to Florence and thought we might need a reservation (rush hour?) Ciao- Jane

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Great tips, photos, and pages, Karen! Todi sounds great! And Le Mandorelle...fantastico! I see a stay there in our future! Ciao!

• jefwen's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 2:52 AM

Heading to Camerata just outside of Todi in June 07 for 3 weeks. Your photos and tips are very helpful. Can't wait

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 2:17 PM

we almost made it to Todi. Your wonderful pictures and comments make me regret not getting there. Great page. N.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 4:00 PM

Finding a restaurant where they speak no Enlish might just be the golden tip that leads to nice places? I love Italy...And would love to see a lot more place. Great page and you had some excellent advicers. frank

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Badges & Stats in Todi