"The College Scholars" karenincalifornia's Profile

College Tuition Instead of Traveling

Major Jetsetting is Being Deferred Indefinitely

The good news is these little rascals got themselves into world reknown universities. The bad news is it's not free. Money that we used to spend on visiting the ends of the earth will now be eaten up by these fine institutions of higher learning. Our trips will be closer to home, and my aspirations will be more apropos of our financial situation, such as aiming to have a VT Top 5 page for places like Novato or Rohnert Park, CA. Stay tuned, if these destinations appeal to you...

Cell phones and "cheap" real estate

Wine, tennis, herbs, trains

Environmentalists of Isolationists?

We usually travel in a pack

My favorite fellow inmates, ski buds, golf partners and traveling companions.

The Gang of Four - my daughter, husband, me, and my son.

Marin County, for all her goofiness, is a wonderful place to visit, live and raise a family! For more information on specific towns in Marin County, see my San Rafael,, Inverness, Mill Valley, Novato, Olema, and Point Reyes Station pages.

Note about copying (an unconventional approach in these days of proprietarianism)

If you see anything you like on my pages and want to copy it, you are free to do so. You don't need to ask my permission and you don't need to give me credit. I gain nothing by keeping these pictures to myself, and I lose nothing if they are copied. If you want them, I would be flattered (if I knew about it), but you don't even have to tell me.

• Intro Updated Feb 27, 2010

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Happy Birthday! Yours is sandwiched between my son's and my daughter's birthday. Lots of celebrating going on! Have a good one.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Happy Birthday and greetings from Frankfurt am Main.

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Karen, I hope that you have a very happy birthday and a coming year filled with exciting travel!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Happy Birthday. PJ

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Happy birthday down there. Not busy presently here a lot because I am in the process of moving - still local.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Happy Birthday, stranger. :)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Happy birthday, Karen. Hope it's a good one! My son (who lives in San Diego) had his b.day yesterday...a daughter tomorrow. See? All the good people born around this day. :-)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Happy Birthday, PJ

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I see where 'the Buster' continues to pay dividends for the Giants. Good show and congratulations. World Champs again!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Real Name