"My Samokov" Samokov by lillyia

Samokov Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 64 photos

The fountain with the earing

This is the official web-page of Samokov municipality. I find it very good, but unfortunately only in Bulgarian...

Last smokes

This is all year round.
On Christmas and during these last 2007' days - smokes and smells are entering my home. Samokov....

It looks like people accept the situation for normal. That is a private land - then everything is allowed!? How? Why the Municipality keeps busy and silent? Why do they clean this private land twice a week? Why no one ever really tried to stop this, to solve the problem?...

Will this continue in 2008? Kepp an eye on my blog "Through my window"

O, yes... the traditional question: "Where is Samokov?"

"" Samokov (Bulgarian: Самоков) is a town in Sofia Province in the southwest of Bulgaria. It is situated in a kettle between the mountains Rila and Vitosha.

Due to the suitable winter sports conditions, Samokov, together with the nearby resort Borovets, is a major tourist centre."""

My Samokov

This is exactly where I live - across the street. A photo from my window! Yes, it is true!

Please, visit http://www.photoblog.com/mysamokov and leave your comments.

• Pros:warm, sunny, welcoming; lots to discover, see and do
  • Cons:not easy to find if you are new to the place
  • In a nutshell:The White Gate of Rila National Park
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2009

• Dec 2, 2007 at 5:06 PM

It's really up to you how many problems you would solve. And, of course, there are always several ways of approaching a problem. If I were in Samokov, I'd come with you to talk to them neighbours of yours. Wouldn't any FRIEND do it?

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 3:17 AM

Interesting pictures. Greetings.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 2:29 PM

Nice town you work in. Thanks for sharing.

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2005 at 9:41 PM

Hi! Thank you very much for visiting our page. Wow, your home town looks lovely. I love Bulgarian chorus (Bulgarian polyphony, Bulgarian Voices)

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2005 at 1:43 AM

Thanks for sharing your pics of the private museum they are stunning - Greetings Jo in London

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 4:01 AM

What a lovely stuff. I like it. :) :X :))

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2005 at 7:24 PM

Samokov photos brought lots of memories back. Is it true that loooong time ago,Samokov people were offered either to have a train or a bull they chose the animal?hehehe

• virattravels's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2005 at 1:23 PM

Excellent, enjoyed ur home town page :)

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 11:37 AM

Interesting photos of your home town.

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 10:03 PM

Lillyia, I like the picturs of your country and of your place, It's a nice place. I will be waiting for the comments of each picture. You are lovely too. mailo

lillyia Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Samokov

Have you been to Samokov?

Latest Activity in Samokov