"Several Pics from Bartin" Bartin by lillyia

Bartin Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 44 photos

The old houses still exist

Bartin is a small town on the Black Sea coast of Turkey. I was there in August 2005 for a Contact-making seminar, under the EU YOUTH programme. The Mayor of the town and Bartin citizens were very nice and welcoming all the time. Especially for us they built a temporary outdoor exhibition of the traditional old-style houses. Seems there is an idea to rebuild some of them. Whatever happens the models are very interesting. If you have a chance to see them - don’t miss it!

The traditional streets

We have been happy with a bright sunny day. There are several traditional style houses in Bartin. These seem to be renovated soon. It's a whole steep street. Unfortunately on the opposite side... there are concrete blocks of flats. There are no tourists around and local people use these buildings. The nearby hamam and several small workshops create a special atmosphere. I felt in love with the Garlic shop. Check it!

The main market street

Even a small place, the streets are busy and full with people. As it happened several times that summer there were a festival in Turkey. I think that was "The Day when the Quran start to come" as one of our Turkish friends told us.

• Pros:Lovely people! Calm average for that region town. Lovely area!
  • Cons:well... most of them...;
  • In a nutshell:Real town. I like this part of Turkey!
  • Last visit to Bartin: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2005

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2005 at 10:49 AM

So lovely to take your virtual tour of Bartin. I like your personal approach, love of architecture, great hotel tip, and wonderful pictures in your travelogues.

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2005 at 4:51 AM

Dear flover Lilly from Komsu's Garden, I am very pleased that you had a nice time in Bartin.

Badges & Stats in Bartin