"Several Pics from Bartin" Bartin by lillyia
Bartin Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 44 photos
Bartin is a small town on the Black Sea coast of Turkey. I was there in August 2005 for a Contact-making seminar, under the EU YOUTH programme. The Mayor of the town and Bartin citizens were very nice and welcoming all the time. Especially for us they built a temporary outdoor exhibition of the traditional old-style houses. Seems there is an idea to rebuild some of them. Whatever happens the models are very interesting. If you have a chance to see them - don’t miss it!
We have been happy with a bright sunny day. There are several traditional style houses in Bartin. These seem to be renovated soon. It's a whole steep street. Unfortunately on the opposite side... there are concrete blocks of flats. There are no tourists around and local people use these buildings. The nearby hamam and several small workshops create a special atmosphere. I felt in love with the Garlic shop. Check it!
Even a small place, the streets are busy and full with people. As it happened several times that summer there were a festival in Turkey. I think that was "The Day when the Quran start to come" as one of our Turkish friends told us.
- Pros:Lovely people! Calm average for that region town. Lovely area!
- Cons:well... most of them...;
- In a nutshell:Real town. I like this part of Turkey!
At several places we've been told 'This is not possible', but... it is. It was in Trabzon, and now we got into one of... more travel advice
Each town has one or several of these people. I was happy to meet Cetin Asma. He stopped at my table during the... more travel advice
lillyia's Related Pages
Bartin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Several Pics from Bartin"
- "BARTIN?? WHO GOES TO BARTIN ON VACATION?"
- "A few hours in Bartın"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bartin
- 8 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bartin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bartin
Photos in BartinSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Karlovo Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Samokov Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beyagac 2 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bartin Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gabrovo 4 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul 1 review, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shipka 1 review, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris 1 review, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varovnik Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kalofer 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues