"Is Sooke" Sooke by devmicha
Sooke Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 22 photos
The little town of sooke (about 1 hour north of Victoria, B.C.) is growing up. During the 2 years I lived the the population was so small that we all has the same 3 number prefix to our phone number (642) and we all had the same postal code which was on the sign at our post office (Vos 1N0).
Sooke had a skating rink and a forest museum (kind of).. There were the Potholes for swimming, Wiffin' Spit for walking (and Tsunami Watching...) And many great prvivincialparks if you just kept going North.
There was one greesy spoon and one ghinese food place and one pub.
Today this little town is bursting with restaurants, spas, a Mc Donald's Subway and A&W Restaurant. There are 2 grocery stores and TWO (counth thm TWO) Traffic lights!!!
The trafic is actually starting to get heavy and now you have to pay for parking AND camping at all private and public parks.
The saddest thing of all is the Sooke Potholes. Great cool deep pools in the Sooke Rver where we could always get together and just relax ans swim. Where you could hike and play and just have fun.
They are private now and the word is soon they will be open to the public no more.
Good-bye fond memories Hello Parking lot!
- Pros:Keep going and you wll have a grat time on the beach!!
- Cons:Little town grows up - never pretty!
- In a nutshell:See it before it is gone!
devmicha's Related Pages
Sooke Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sooke
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sooke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sooke
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Taipei Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Vancouver Island Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Nara Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nagano Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- K'en-ting Intro, 3 reviews
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews
- Vancouver Intro, 2 reviews
- Tofino Intro, 2 photos