"Is Victoria" Victoria by devmicha
Victoria Travel Guide: 1,671 reviews and 3,545 photos
So this is where I am from... The funny thing about growing up in a beautiful place... You are spoiled and you don't always see it...
It takes going away and inhaling the smog of a virtually naturless city, and being stepped on by crowds of people before you relize how great it was to breath and move around freely.
It rains all year and people are generally grumpy all winter but....
It is home and there are times when I miss it...
SPRING IS HERE!!! The Cherry blossoms are blooming! Feb. 11/06... They shoukd be around until May...
This is the BEST time of year to visit Victoria. The weather, as always, is a little unpredictable but this year has brought us 8c sunny weather (compared to the 26c of this time LAST year) and blue skies (with only the occational awful rainy/haily/snowy day thrown in for the mix).
The cherry blossoms are starting to fallbut the chestnut trees are blooming reds, burgundies, whites and yellows. It is a fantastic site to see on your way into and rounround town.
Downtown is bustling with street performers and vendors. There are artizans, psychics, musicians and performance artists all around for you to stop and enjoy. Just taking a stoll by the water, watching a jugler while the ships pull in and the sun makes the water sparkle...
Tourist season hasn't quite hit yet, so while it is busy it is nowhere near so crowded as it will be in June, July, August and September.
Now is the time to visit victoria and really feal the vibe that makes this city and Island a really special place.
Summer i ssurely on it's way. if Victoria is true to it's history and reputation there will be warm days (up to 30c) and windy days and rainy days and sunny days... You never know what you will get any time of year in Vic!
- Pros:Ocean, Views, Good food, Beer...
- Cons:Rain, Wind, Poor Transit System...
- In a nutshell:A great place to go if you don't want to get anything done.
Well. I have heard about a Karaoke Box in town but for the anyone who just likes to sing Sopano's is Karaoke 7 nights a... more travel advice
The six Mile House is Located in View Royal on the Old Island Highway. It is a great place to hang out any day and (like... more travel advice
devmicha's Related Pages
Victoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very Victoria"
- "A Canadian city with a British twist!"
- "A Trip Home is ALWAYS GREAT !!"
- "Quenching the Thirst of a Glorious Past: Victoria"
- "Victoria, where I learnt more than just a language"
- "Living in Paradise - happy to share"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victoria
- Hotels in Victoria
- Transportation in Victoria
- Nightlife in Victoria
- Restaurants in Victoria
- Shopping in Victoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Victoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victoria
- 15 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 62 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Victoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Taipei Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Vancouver Island Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Nara Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nagano Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- K'en-ting Intro, 3 reviews
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews
- Vancouver Intro, 2 reviews
- Tofino Intro, 2 photos