"Costa Rica.....Pura Vida" Provincia de Alajuela by Joemidwest

Provincia de Alajuela Travel Guide: 368 reviews and 936 photos

St. Louis Airport is no longer a hub!

Since the airlines have had there problems we now have to connect through other " hub " airports to get to most places out of the country. Ergo, layovers. Still Costa Rica is only about five and a half air hours from St. Louis.

Wonderful accident

When my wife and I travel we usually book a place to stay for the first two or three nights to get the feel of the country , then just go. This time our friend Eddieboy726 (who normally treats a dollar like a long lost friend) went with us and booked. This is a great place with the owner, Alfonso, being a proud Chef. But there was an added bonus.

The bonus

As luck would have it they were having the Miss Costa Rica contest at the hotel the next evening. These ladies came into the hotel restaurant and I asked if I could take their picture. I had just gotten a new camera (Olympus c4040 ) and was showing them their picture when Alfonso noticed. He offered a table by him the next night if I would like to take pictures of the beauty contest and he could use them for the hotel website. Pics in Local Customs.

• Pros:Very diverse landscape in small beautiful country
  • In a nutshell:Would love to spend more time there
  • Last visit to Provincia de Alajuela: Nov 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2006

Joemidwest

“Go Now”

Badges & Stats in Provincia de Alajuela

Have you been to Provincia de Alajuela?

Latest Activity in Provincia de Alajuela