"Banos" Baños by Joemidwest
Baños Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 864 photos
What a calm place this is (not counting the volcanos). There is a natural hot spring and spa on one end of town. Locals from all around the area make regular use of these as well as the travelers. There are good restaurants from the simple local fare for lunch to some pretty good food for supper. The area is beautiful.
This spa is located right by the waterfall, Manto de la Virgen. It's thermal waters are of volcanic origin. It's quite busy most of the time. We've heard the the water here has some sort of healing powers.
- Pros:Peaceful, beautiful town
- Cons:Watch our for eruptions!
- In a nutshell:Great Place! Hope to go back!
Some locals take advantage of the hot springs to wash clothes as well as for the bathes. more travel advice
Banos, a town of about 12,000, is about four hours by car from Quito. The spa and the waterfall were right across the... more travel advice
Joemidwest's Related Pages
Baños Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baños de Agua Santa"
- "Avenida de las Cascadas, and Baños"
- "A Bug in Baños"
- "Baños - A relaxing adventure"
- "Banos: Ecuador's Adventure Capital"
- "Banos adventures"
- "Waterfalls Everywhere"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baños
- Hotels in Baños
- Transportation in Baños
- Nightlife in Baños
- Restaurants in Baños
- Shopping in Baños
- Warnings and Dangers in Baños
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baños
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Baños?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baños
Photos in BañosSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guayaquil Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos
- Provincia de Alajuela Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Jacó Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Boca de Tomatlán Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos