"Guayaquil" Top 5 Page for this destination Guayaquil by Joemidwest
Guayaquil Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 473 photos
Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador with a population of about 3 million. It has been mainly a business destination, but the relativley new Malecon 2000 is designed for tourism. This is located at the eastern edge of the city on the Guayas River. It is a strip about 1.5 miles long with interesting shops and restaurants.
"La Rotonda" is an impressive monument located near the entrance to the Malecon from 9 de Octubre. This monument depicts the meeting between Simon Bolivar and San Martin, both liberators who freed several South American countries from Spanish rule in the early 1800's. It is illuminated in the evening hours.
Seating indoors or out. The outdoor seating has a view towards the steps on one side and the Guayas River on the other. more travel advice
At $61 US a night this was a good deal. That's half the price of the big chain hotels in the same area. If it wasn't as... more travel advice
Joemidwest's Related Pages
Guayaquil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guayaquil - The 'Pearl of the Pacific'"
- "Santiago de Guayaquil - Up River"
- "Looking back to the river"
- "A short stop over in Guayaquil"
- "Only an overnight stop"
- "beautifull Guayaquil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guayaquil
- Hotels in Guayaquil
- Transportation in Guayaquil
- Nightlife in Guayaquil
- Restaurants in Guayaquil
- Shopping in Guayaquil
- Warnings and Dangers in Guayaquil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guayaquil
- 18 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Guayaquil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guayaquil
Photos in GuayaquilSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guayaquil Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos
- Provincia de Alajuela Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Jacó Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Boca de Tomatlán Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos