"Where I'm coming from" Joemidwest's Profile
Granite City is a small city in the southwestern part of Illinois. The population is about 31,000. However, it is across the Mississippi River (eight miles) from St. Louis, Missouri. This is a major (?) city with a good airport. St. Louis also provides some cultural experiences, jazz, blues, restaurants, a science center, and sports teams. Politics (which I will TRY to avoid), travel, and nature, are my main interests.
My wife and best friend Jan.
There are four distinct seasons in the U.S. midwest and I like it. In spring gardening and fishing are popular in this part of the country.
Coaching womens softball takes up some of the summer. This was my fifteenth year. Some years we win, some years we don't, but we always have fun. It gets hot (up to 100 f) and humid (up around 90%) in July and August.
There are many lakes in the area so camping, boating, and other water sports are very popular.
Don't want to forget these guys. Eddie on the left, is my fishing partner and a retired truck driver. Jim on right, is a fishing buddy and school principal.
My favorite time of year here. Harvest, changing colors, fishing, and the start of football season. Could it get better?
Winter is pretty for Christmas, the rest of it is just cold. Only my opinion. It occasionally gets below 0 .
We have a corporate owned, yet state run, media.
I love my country, I fear my government!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 188 Reviews
- 338 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Joemidwest and eddieboy726 are now friends.
- Commented on eddieboy726's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bicycle riding"
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Paris for Abi"
- Wrote a Review Most popular place in town in Montezuma Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "Where I'm coming from"
- Posted in Travel Saint Louis Forum "RE: RE: Currency Exchange"
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guayaquil Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos
- Provincia de Alajuela Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Jacó Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Boca de Tomatlán Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos