"Findon" Findon by biggeorge
Findon Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 5 photos
This is a small village just North of Worthing on the edge of the downs in Wset Sussex.
The traditional pastime of sheep rearing has been destroyed by the recent foot and mouth outbreak but the village is still a major centre for training race-horses at the Gifford stables, and the pubs are normally full of jockey's and farmers.
The other thing of note is that the village is unlit so particulary dark and mysterious at night for those wandering home from the pub.
There are buildingsin the village dating from the 11th century and it's a centre for people walking up on the downs.
- In a nutshell:I can remember when it was all fields.
One the nicest grounds in the county ,on the back slope of Church Hill ,just sit back with a beer in the sun and watch... more travel advice
Traditional pub food and recently more modern food in a pub built in the 11th century and trading under the same name... more travel advice
biggeorge's Related Pages
Findon Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Findon
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Findon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Findon
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 65 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 61 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 55 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turku Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Worthing Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zagreb Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Split Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.