"Richmond ,sanctuary from the City" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond by biggeorge
Richmond Travel Guide: 278 reviews and 895 photos
When the filth and the fury of London gets a bit much people tend to head for Richmond to relax by the river.
As well as nearby Kew Gardens ,Richmond has river front bars and an air of high class that only expensive house prices and the close proximity to Twickenham can produce.
The people you see about can be lazily stereotyped as the posh boys and wannabe it girls ,think Prince William ( sunglasses on head , rugby shirt ,gigantic teeth , drinking Pimms ) , and the ladies are all drawn out vowels " daaarrling " and white wine. The rugby crowd are normally good for a laugh though.
- Pros:Posh girls , drinking by the river ,cricket on the green
- Cons:RA RA RA RA I've got too much blaaady money.
- In a nutshell:Nice but dim
O'Neills on the main road suffers from being always excessively crowded and having the bar queue in the narrowest part... more travel advice
The space between these two pubs is where the crowds gather on the warm summer evenings. A right old mixture of drunks... more travel advice
biggeorge's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Richmond ,sanctuary from the City"
- "Quest for the Ultimate Cupcake"
- "My part of London"
- "Richmond and Richmond Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 65 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 61 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 55 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turku Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Worthing Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zagreb Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Split Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.