"Adjust focus before taking photos." biggeorge's Profile
You'll need to drink for about 6 hours before to take photo's this badly.
These pages specialise in:
Bad photo's ,childish behavior, alcohol abuse and fear and loathing. I've been to some great places but also some bloody terrible ones.
I got into the idea of travelling partly because i live in Englands toenail and partly because i read a lot of books ,but my background means that i'm not keen on walking round Europe with a big green rucksack with saucepans hanging off it and people in sandals give me " the fear".
I personally believe you'll learn more about a country by just sitting in a bar than by running around taking a million photo's.
I like to eat and drink abroad and don't care about costs, as long it's a decent meal i'll pay anything, my pet hate is people who visit somewhere, eat beans on toast and head straight for the local backpacker ,irish ,or expat pub to hang around with loads of other people just like them and endlessly compare price differences and exchange rates. Especially when they inform you that the local tipple you were rather enjoying is the equivalent of 5p cheaper round the corner.
I once got drawn into a conversation with a number of hardy travellers who were discussing the merits of visiting various concentration camps " Auchwitz was really good but Belsen was boring" and ever since then have made a conscious effort not to become like them
So my advice to other travellers would be leave the camera and the guide book behind ,put some trousers on ( shorts aint the look) and have a few drinks with the local boys ,you never know where it will take you.
Hope you enjoy the disjointed rambling on these pages , from the delights of the Ujilpotvaros backstreets to devil worshipping in Sussex theres plenty of proof that you never know what's around the next corner.
I've been living abroad for some time now and have decided to start writing it down before the alcohol destroys my memory , therefore a lot of pictures have been lost so don't expect wonders eh?
Go to foreign countries , eat weird food , meet weird people , do weird stuff. It should be so very simple but it irks me to find so many people trudging around dressed in urban hiking wear , toting ridiculous amounts of cameras and killing themselves trying to see everything in two days.
Wear a rucksack only if you're going to work , bring a camera that fits in your coat pocket , drink the damn tap water eat food off the street and stop worrying so much. It's supposed to be fun eh ?
P.S anyone who uses hand sanitizer in public should be burned alive
If this seems like a record of drunken foolishness well frankly it is , people are so bloody precious about " their travelling experience " it's annoying.
Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 392 Reviews
- 399 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 41 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel Odessa Forum "Re: 24 hour Pubs"
- Commented on one of hunterV's Moscow travel pages
- Wrote a Review Resteraunt service about Eating & Drinking in Moscow Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Resteraunt service"
- created a Moscow Travel Page "Yeah yeah Yeah"
updated their Profile Page "Adjust focus before taking photos."
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 65 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 61 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 55 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turku Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Worthing Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zagreb Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Split Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos