"Chiang Saen" Chiang Saen by shintarojon
Chiang Saen Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 99 photos
(last date visited - Dec. 13, 2004)
Land of the Golden Triangle
I thought that the border is here but unfortunately, though you can see Laos already on the other side, there is no immigration here. In fact, for 5 minutes using small boat, you can reach Laos!
Locals told me that I have to go to Chiang Khong. I thought it was walking-distance. I walked for about 40 minutes not knowing it was too far!!
While walking, I tried my best to hitch and of course, I was not successful but after 40 minutes, one car stopped. Ta & Uy (locals) helped me to reach Chiang Kong border.
I was really shocked 'coz it took 1 and half hour by car!!! But got the chance to see beautiful views of the mountains. Roads were really good so it was really easy to travel unlike in the Philippines.
I'll never forget this experience and hope that I can return the favor someday.
From Chiang Sean, you can see the mekong river. The other side is Laos. No immigration in this border so you have to go to Chiang Kong.
Ta & Uy...
two Thais ...
huge with huge heart...
funny and interesting...
how can I forget them?
they helped me to reach the border
hope to see you again
hope to help you in my own way
my big thanks to you!
shintarojon's Related Pages
Chiang Saen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Golden Triangle - Burma, Laos & Thailand"
- "Chiang Saen: old/new temples and the Mekong"
- "Port Town"
- "Chiang Saen"
- "Golden Triangle"
- "Chiang Saen, Northern Thailand..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Saen
- Hotels in Chiang Saen
- Transportation in Chiang Saen
- Restaurants in Chiang Saen
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Saen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dewas Hotels
- East Hampton
- Lido di Iesolo
- Navotas Hotels
- Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park Hotels
- Kenwood Beach Hotels
- Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region
- Provincia de Heredia Hotels
- Leona Valley Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chiang Saen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Chiang Saen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Saen
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 91 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 50 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 32 reviews, 73 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samut Prakan Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues