""5-Day Trekking from Jomoson to Pokhara"" Mustang by shintarojon
Mustang Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 173 photos
(date written : August 6, 2006)
Nepal : One of the Greatest Countries I Ever Visited in my Entire Life!!!
"5-Day Trekking from Jomoson to Pokhara: Non-Summit Expedition Alert"
Arrived safely and thanks God I am still alive!!!
Would you believe that I was able to complete my 5-day trekking even though I was mentally and physically unprepared??? Why???
1. I just simply joined with three Spanish trekkers and one American traveller whom I met in Varanasi station in India not knowing what trekking was really all about.....
2. I rented trekker shoes but I was able to use it for one day only 'coz it was terribly heavy and painful to my feet. Got blister!!!
3. I rented jacket that was too heavy also for me and I used it for one day only. Though, I was able to use the sweatshirt everyday.
4. Since I cannot use the shoes I rented, the American traveller let me use his 12-inch shoes!!! Yet my shoe size is only 5.5 to 6 inches!!!
5. Spanish trekkers carried my loaded-bag 'coz they noticed how tired I am on the first day of trekking!
6. My stomach was aching (diarrhea as usual) and I dont have the choice but to grant the call of nature so I decided to explode my solidwaste where plants, birds and insects were the only witnessess of my crime!!!
7. I almost gave up on the 2nd day of trekking due to muscle cramps, muscle stiffness and painful joints!!!
8. It made me slower when the right side of my "balls" became too heavy that I almost cried!!! How I wish that the "pony-porter" can carry it for me!!!
9. On the 3rd day of trekking, I decided to look for a porter who can carry my bag going up to Ghorepani which is 9,022 feet high but I requested my Spanish trekmates to carry it and I will pay them 200 rupees per day! They agreed and they carried my bag for 3 days! Muchos Gracias!!!
10. I didnt carry my bag anymore but still I walked like a tortoise!!! I even crawled going up 'coz my left leg cannot move anymore and I had to lift it using my hands not to mention my painful and heavy "right-side egg!!!"!!
11. I was terrified to see my legs being sucked by small damn leeches!!! I was paranoid and worried that they might go inside my legs and sip my "Type-B Blood" without sharing it to patients who need my blood!!!
12. 5th day of trekking was horrible 'coz it was raining so hard! Though going down was easier compared to going-up but still I was 20 to 30 minutes slower compared to my trekmates!!!
shintarojon's Related Pages
Mustang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mustang adventure"
- "Mustang, The Forgotten Tibetan Kingdom"
- "River Kali Gandaki"
- "Hiking in Mustang"
- "The last border of the World"
- "Too expensive for a backpacker"
- ""5-Day Trekking from Jomoson to Pokhara""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mustang
- Hotels in Mustang
- Transportation in Mustang
- Restaurants in Mustang
- Shopping in Mustang
- Warnings and Dangers in Mustang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mustang
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Mustang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mustang
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 91 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 50 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 32 reviews, 73 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khett Siem Reab Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samut Prakan Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues