""5-Day Trekking from Jomoson to Pokhara"" Mustang by shintarojon

Mustang Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 173 photos

Non-Summit Expedition Alert

(date written : August 6, 2006)

Nepal : One of the Greatest Countries I Ever Visited in my Entire Life!!!

"5-Day Trekking from Jomoson to Pokhara: Non-Summit Expedition Alert"

Arrived safely and thanks God I am still alive!!!

Would you believe that I was able to complete my 5-day trekking even though I was mentally and physically unprepared??? Why???

1. I just simply joined with three Spanish trekkers and one American traveller whom I met in Varanasi station in India not knowing what trekking was really all about.....

2. I rented trekker shoes but I was able to use it for one day only 'coz it was terribly heavy and painful to my feet. Got blister!!!

3. I rented jacket that was too heavy also for me and I used it for one day only. Though, I was able to use the sweatshirt everyday.

4. Since I cannot use the shoes I rented, the American traveller let me use his 12-inch shoes!!! Yet my shoe size is only 5.5 to 6 inches!!!

5. Spanish trekkers carried my loaded-bag 'coz they noticed how tired I am on the first day of trekking!

6. My stomach was aching (diarrhea as usual) and I dont have the choice but to grant the call of nature so I decided to explode my solidwaste where plants, birds and insects were the only witnessess of my crime!!!

7. I almost gave up on the 2nd day of trekking due to muscle cramps, muscle stiffness and painful joints!!!

8. It made me slower when the right side of my "balls" became too heavy that I almost cried!!! How I wish that the "pony-porter" can carry it for me!!!

9. On the 3rd day of trekking, I decided to look for a porter who can carry my bag going up to Ghorepani which is 9,022 feet high but I requested my Spanish trekmates to carry it and I will pay them 200 rupees per day! They agreed and they carried my bag for 3 days! Muchos Gracias!!!

10. I didnt carry my bag anymore but still I walked like a tortoise!!! I even crawled going up 'coz my left leg cannot move anymore and I had to lift it using my hands not to mention my painful and heavy "right-side egg!!!"!!

11. I was terrified to see my legs being sucked by small damn leeches!!! I was paranoid and worried that they might go inside my legs and sip my "Type-B Blood" without sharing it to patients who need my blood!!!

12. 5th day of trekking was horrible 'coz it was raining so hard! Though going down was easier compared to going-up but still I was 20 to 30 minutes slower compared to my trekmates!!!

• Last visit to Mustang: Aug 2006
  • Intro Written Aug 14, 2006

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 2:56 AM

now you know, always buy your shoes a month in advance and wear them in.

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 6:53 AM

koko wa doko? nanka yama bakkari

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2007 at 4:46 AM

huy... lagyan mo naman na ng tips dito.. i'm sure your trip here deserves some good ratings... daliiii

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2006 at 12:03 AM

Ngayon ko lang nalaman na ito palang Jomoson eh part ng Mustang. Ito pa naman yung isa sa mga iniisip kong options palabas ng China...hmmm mukang madugo! Ano sa palagay mo?

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 9:25 PM

balikan natin ito, idol. isama natin sina isa at aida, at lili, at presy, at toni, at cielo at kahit sino pa. tapos aabutin tayo ng 20-day ng trek dahil puro pahinga at kwentuhan (sino kaya babangka?). hehehe!

shintarojon

“Mabuhay! Explore the Beauty of the World!”

Badges & Stats in Mustang

Have you been to Mustang?

Latest Activity in Mustang