"ORTISEI / ST.ULRICH" Top 5 Page for this destination Ortisei by Josibezz
Ortisei Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 122 photos
Ortisei is situated at an altitude of 3700 feet, bedded in the beautiful valley between the flat slopes of the Raschoetz and the steep wooded slopes of the famous Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi. The market village of Ortisei, in German is called St.Ulrich. It is not just one alpine landscape that surrounds St.Ulrich . It is perhaps the most beautiful ranges of earth, called the dolomites.
The picturesque old town of Ortisei (1236m) is the principal community and cultural centre of Selva/Val Gardena, one of Italy's most prominent ski areas. It has its own small ski area and is linked with Selva and the famous Sella Ronda circuit, by a free 'ski-express' bus service. The Sella Ronda – a day's outing along a 50km ski circuit through dozens of villages and hamlets and four regions – is itself part of a vast region accessed with the Dolomiti Superski pass, covering an astonishing 1200km of pistes and served by 460 ski lifts. Apart from its outstanding scenery, skiing and local cuisine, Val Gardena is world famous for its wood carving.
If you are considering to visit this place, this information might be very useful.
Tourist office: St Ulrich / Ortisei Tourist Office
Address: Strasse Rezia 1
Tel: 39 0 471 796 328
Fax: 39 0 471 796 749
And if you consider skiing as part of your holiday in Ortisei, this might be even more useful.
Lifts & Slopes
Highest lift: 1450m (4757ft)
Lowest lift: 850m (2789ft)
Vertical drop: 600m (1968ft)
Number of lifts: 7
Uplift capacity: 3000 p/hr
Number of slopes: 7
Total piste length: 19km
Snowboard parks: 1
Cross country: 28km
- Pros:Marvellous scenery and pure mountain air.!
- Cons:Steep roads to reach
- In a nutshell:The Picturesque old town of Ortisei.
Conrad Moroder Woodcarvings are well known for their high artistic quality, the trademark under each figurine testifies... more travel advice
Josibezz's Related Pages
Ortisei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE HOME OF WOODEN RELIGIOUS ORNAMENT'S"
- "Ortisei - Gateway to hiking in the Dolomites"
- "Ortisei in the beautiful Dolomites"
- "Val Gardena - ideal skiing holidays.."
- "ORTISEI / ST.ULRICH"
- "Ortisei - largest village of Val Gardena"
- "Eszter's Ortisei Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ortisei
- Hotels in Ortisei
- Transportation in Ortisei
- Nightlife in Ortisei
- Restaurants in Ortisei
- Warnings and Dangers in Ortisei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ortisei
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ortisei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ortisei
Photos in OrtiseiSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peschiera del Garda Intro, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Benidorm Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bussolengo Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Loßburg Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Germany Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pisa Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ortisei Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Ortisei hotel reviews
- Hartmann Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013