"My region" Top 5 Page for this destination Emilia-Romagna by i-bella
Emilia-Romagna Travel Guide: 2,725 reviews and 7,629 photos
Many people are not sure where Emilia ends and Romagna begins. Even I am not totally sure about the borders, because the city of Bologna is in Emilia, but part of the province is Romagna. There is no political or administrative separation, this is why we are not sure. The difference is mainly in the dialects, but now only the elderlies still speak the dialects.
The fact is, we really do not care about separation, because the inhabitants of this region are mainly a good-natured sort. In general we have a reputation with other Italians as "simpatici".
Once I was travelling by train, in the Veneto region, and I heard a conversation between two people sitting near me. A young man with an accent from Southern Italy was telling his friend how nice it was for him a period he spent in Emilia for work. He described the "Emiliani" as the most polite, kind, generous, open-minded people he had ever known ... it was even embarassing to hear, and I had the temptation to say "Thank you, but we are not so good after all!". Anyway the fact that I am writing this means I was happy to hear that, and that I hope he was right, at least in part.
Clothes and accessories made in Italy are sold all over the world, but when you read "Made in Italy" you probably do not... more travel advice
i-bella's Related Pages
Emilia-Romagna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EMILIA ROMAGNA"
- "My region"
- "Ferrari, Pavarotti, Fellini ..."
- "Reggio Emilia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Emilia-Romagna
- Hotels in Emilia-Romagna
- Transportation in Emilia-Romagna
- Nightlife in Emilia-Romagna
- Restaurants in Emilia-Romagna
- Shopping in Emilia-Romagna
- Warnings and Dangers in Emilia-Romagna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Emilia-Romagna
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Emilia-Romagna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Emilia-Romagna
Top 10 Pages
- Normandy Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Cappadocia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Emilia-Romagna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Veneto Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piemonte Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Zell am See Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piacenza Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos