"Welcome to Cappadocia, Italy" Cappadocia by i-bella
Cappadocia Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 19 photos
If you are visiting this travel page expecting to find a completely different kind of landscape you are probably searching in the wrong country. This in fact is not the region of Cappadocia in Turkey, but the village of Cappadocia in Italy.
It is in the Abruzzo region, more precisely in the province of L'Aquila. It is near the border with Lazio region, in fact Rome is just 100 cm away. I mean road distance: 70 km of motorway and another 30 km of road.
This is a village situated at the border of the Monti Simbruini National Park. The village of Cappadocia is at an altitude of about 1050 m. above sea level, but its territory includes mountains that are considerably higher. It is a good place for excursions in the rich woods that are typical of the Apennines in central Italy.
In this territory there are the sources of river Liri, some archological sites and caves that were inhabited in the stone age.
More pictures of Cappadocia (AQ) can be found here:
The Sanctuary of the Holy Trinity is about 15 km away from the village of Cappadocia. To get there you must first go to... more travel advice
I wrote "Once upon a time" as a title because this is the translation of the restaurant's name. It is a small and cozy... more travel advice
i-bella's Related Pages
Cappadocia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Cappadocia, Italy"
- "Hot Air Balloon at Cappadocia"
- "Best tour guide in Cappadocia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cappadocia
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cappadocia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cappadocia
Photos in CappadociaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Normandy Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bundesland Salzburg Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Cappadocia Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Emilia-Romagna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Veneto Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piemonte Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Zell am See Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piacenza Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos