"My favourite place in Malta" Marsaxlokk by Angelinka
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 379 photos
Marsaxlokk is the foremost fishing village and, perhaps, the most picturesque seaside locality in Malta. Every visitor seems to have snapped quite a few photos here.
One can here admire the small fishing craft, the 'Luzzu' and 'Kajikk' painted in vivid colours of red, yellow, green and blue, floating lightly on the calm waters of the bay.
Fishing nets are often spread on the quay to dry in the sun and, quite often, sturdy fishermen can be seen mending these nets. These activities, together with the modest fishermen's houses by the quayside, lend the place charm and serenity.
Im not so sure how much there actually is to do or see in Marsaxlokk, but it is woth taking the time to wander around the harbor and through the twisty streets, just to get a feel how the locals live.
- Pros:buy the fresh fish /swordfish, tuna,salmon.../
- Cons:try to say Marsaxlokk 5 times fast - it is impossible:)
Every Sunday there is a market, probably the largest on the island. This market specializes in fish in particular. more travel advice
Marsaxlokk church is dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary The Madonna of Pompeii, there are various village feasts. more travel advice
Angelinka's Related Pages
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaxlokk – boats, fish, sun, fun"
- "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- "Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco"
- "Malta's largest fishing village"
- "My favourite place in Malta"
- "Nice little Fishing Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsaxlokk
- Hotels in Marsaxlokk
- Transportation in Marsaxlokk
- Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
- Shopping in Marsaxlokk
- Warnings and Dangers in Marsaxlokk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsaxlokk
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Marsaxlokk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaxlokk
Photos in MarsaxlokkSee All Photos (7)
Top 5 Pages
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Mdina Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Gozo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue