"Up Tipp!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination County Tipperary by sean65
County Tipperary Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 584 photos
Logically a county that's a bit out of the way even thought it's in the centre of Ireland.
Many people prefer to be travellers rather than tourists. This is a county that is unspoilt by tourism.
Famous citizens with roots from here - Boy George, Shane MacGowan, Vincent O'Brien and Ronnie Regan
An Irishman whose name would barely cause a flicker in a 21st century obsessed by celebrity has been voted horse racing's all-time great.
Trainer Vincent O'Brien saw off the challenge of legendary jockey Lester Piggott and a host of other big names to finish first in the poll.
O'Brien may not be a household name in most modern-day homes, but in racing circles and his homeland he is quite simply a legend.
Now in his ninth decade, M.V. O'Brien won every race that counted in Britain and Ireland during a training career that spanned more than half a century.
1 Vincent O'Brien
2 Lester Piggott
3 Sheikh Mohammed
4 Tony McCoy
5 Fred Archer
6 Martin Pipe
7 Sir Gordon Richards
8 Sir Henry Rous
9 Fred Winter
10 Queen Mother
11 Phil Bull
12 Frankie Dettori
And more than that, he triumphed both over the jumps and on the Flat.
He is the only man to have trained three consecutive Grand National winners.
It all started at Hayes Hotel in Thurles in 1884
Soccer is a gentleman's game played by gurriers
Rubgy is a gurrier's game played by gurriers
Gaelic games are gurrier's games played by gurriers
- Oscar Wilde
- Pros:What you see is what you get, hurling and horses
- Cons:No coastline
- In a nutshell:'Real' Ireland
Travelling along the Dublin, Cork road, about 6 miles from Thurles, this pub offers some decent food Theres a lot of... more travel advice
In 1995 the Thurles Church of Ireland community donated one third of this building to create a famine museum to... more travel advice
sean65's Related Pages
County Tipperary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Up Tipp!!!"
- "Tipperary - Tiobraid Arann"
- "WELCOME TO MY COUNTY TIPPERARY PAGE ......:-)"
- "Tipperary - a county with a nice cave and ruins!"
- "The Way to Tipperary"
- "It's a long way to Tipperary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Tipperary
- Hotels in County Tipperary
- Transportation in County Tipperary
- Nightlife in County Tipperary
- Restaurants in County Tipperary
- Shopping in County Tipperary
- Warnings and Dangers in County Tipperary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Tipperary
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to County Tipperary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Tipperary
Photos in County TipperarySee All Photos (10)
Top 5 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Tipperary Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Lausanne Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Ireland Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Gent Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.