"Welcome to Normandy" Rouen by Mazely
Rouen Travel Guide: 471 reviews and 1,198 photos
Why shall people visit Rouen, the capital of Normandy/France? Well, for several reasons. The Cathedral of Rouen is famous worldwide, for Monet's paintings (some are in the Rouen Museum of Fine Arts, others are at Orsay Museum). Rouen was the city where Joanne d'Arc was burnt by the English, with approval (at least omission) of the Catholic Church. Rouen is the city closer to Paris where you can see the representation of normand peculiar architecture. The Ceramic Museum, with all its porcelanes, most of them blue, is really beautiful.
You can sense the richness of the city in every aspect: the way people deal with their cultural (mainly architectonical) heritage, the prices in the magazines (wow!), the way people dress. Rich history of an artistic people: more than all the battles won by the normands, the fine gothic cathedrals and other buildings are the images that we keep in mind, after visiting this charming place.
- Pros:Close to Paris and representative of a brilliant architecture (and culture, in general)
- Cons:Very cold and windy, even on October
- In a nutshell:It worths; take the train at Gare St. Lazaire
Mazely's Related Pages
Rouen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rouen : both a modern and a medieval city."
- "Fantastic Rouen"
- "See the Flamboyant Gothic Churches"
- "ROUEN - CAPITAL OF NORMANDY"
- "My Rouen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rouen
- Hotels in Rouen
- Transportation in Rouen
- Nightlife in Rouen
- Restaurants in Rouen
- Shopping in Rouen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rouen
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rouen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rouen
Top 5 Pages
- Parati Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Sevilla 1 review, 3 photos
- Languedoc-Roussillon Intro, 3 photos
- Rouen Intro, 2 photos