Parati Shopping Tips by Mazely
Parati Shopping: 16 reviews and 24 photos
This shop sells things to be used at home, like furniture, pillows, light spots and so on. They are very beautiful. Even though I dislike hippie stuff, I have to agree that the shop is kinda hippie - I would say, fashion-contemporary-desing-hippie. They have good taste, and their objects have good quality, which are not - i.m.o. - characteristics of the common hippie art. The manager of the shop is very sympathetic and helpful.
What to buy: Light spots, wooden boxes to put tea bags, and the beautiful pillows they have.
What to pay: Depends on the object. Reasonable prices, nothing exagerated; some objects can even been baught as souvenirs.
Address: what's the name of that street?
Directions: On the opposite side of the side-entry (not the front entry) of Café Paraty restaurant.
Theme: Home Furnishing
Well, first of all, Marcio is a kind of Da Vinci from Paraty. He was the decorator of my wedding party, and he's considered one of the best artists in Paraty - by the way, he has one of the best talks in the city! His paintings try to escape from the pattern of a Brazilian-beach-city-art; he's not an artist interested only on painting tropical landscapes and plants - even though they're present in his works -, but a complete artist with a contemporaneous view of the world as a whole. He's cosmopolite and regional at the same time. His paintings tend to be qualified as naif, even though it would be simplistic to perform such a narrow judgement.
What to buy: Art objects, mainly paintings
What to pay: His works worth what he asks for.
Address: Behind Rosario church
Directions: Behind Rosario church, on the right side. It's located in front of the new indian restaurant.
More Reviews (14)
- Sargent Fishes mainly
- The Grail hipothesis
- See All Ciranda
- Some money. Repellent maybe......
- No flip-flops
- Well... a fort.
Mazely's Related Pages
Parati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraty - An Oasis of History and Charm"
- "CHARMING PARATI"
- "Parati - Great Colonial Relic"
- "Parati - not just a sleepy seaside town"
- "AH,MY BEAUTIFUL PARATY!"
- "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parati
- Hotels in Parati
- Transportation in Parati
- Nightlife in Parati
- Restaurants in Parati
- Shopping in Parati
- Warnings and Dangers in Parati
- See All...
Explore the World
- Malcesine Hotels
- Wymondham Hotels
- Richmond Hotels
- Venezuela Hotels
- Blue Hill
- Great Inagua Island
- Granite Falls
Badges & Stats in Parati
- 16 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Parati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parati
- Posted in Travel Amiens Forum "Re: Cathedral opening hours"
- Uploaded a Video to Parati
- Uploaded a Photo to "Small and not boring... an exception"
- updated a Parati Travel Page "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- Wrote a Review Sargent Fishes mainly in Parati Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of Alless's Parati travel pages
Photos in ParatiSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Parati Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Sevilla 1 review, 3 photos
- Languedoc-Roussillon Intro, 3 photos
- Rouen Intro, 2 photos
Latest Parati hotel reviews
- Pousada Guarana Hotel
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Pousada Do Sandi
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Pousada Porto Imperial Parati
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Pousada Bambu Bamboo
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Othon Pousada Villa Del Sol Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2012