Parati Favorite Tips by Mazely
Parati Favorites: 11 reviews and 15 photos
Favorite thing: Some time ago, reading books about Rennes-le-Chateau and so on, and mainly after Dan Brown's success with Da Vinci Code, I had the idea of becoming rich by spawning the thesis that the Holy Grail is in Paraty right now. It has more to do with the irony of Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendule", that I love, than with Da Vinci Code.
Well, facts to consider: 1 - France crushed the Temple. Some of the templars ran away, and they went to UK and to Portugal, where the king created a new religious order, the Cross Chevalry. Their simble was the cross of the templars, which they put in the ships that went to America. The king himself was member of the Order. If the templars took the Grail to Portugal, what would be the best place to hide it? America, of course.
Fondest memory: 2 - Paraty was the main port from where the gold left Brasil to Europe. There was an intense presence of English masons in the city, fact that can be proved by the masonry drawings in the houses columns, even today.
3 - There's a legend (very well documented) that tells that there's a snake (a blood chain?) coming from the sea, and the head of the snake is above the althar of the Matriz Church. The symbolism of the "snake" is explained in "The Holy Grail", the book that started all this.
4 - Part of Brasil Emperial family lives in Paraty until today. Brasil Emperial family (Orleans and Bragance) is also hair of French throne, since the granddaughter of Princess Isabel (the one who freed the slaves) married the Count of Paris.
That's it. Someday I'll write the story and get a lot of money. :-)
More Reviews (15)
- Sargent Fishes mainly
- See All Ciranda
- See All Kinda hippie stuff - but good stuff!
- Some money. Repellent maybe......
- No flip-flops
- Well... a fort.
Mazely's Related Pages
Parati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraty - An Oasis of History and Charm"
- "CHARMING PARATI"
- "Parati - Great Colonial Relic"
- "Parati - not just a sleepy seaside town"
- "AH,MY BEAUTIFUL PARATY!"
- "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parati
- Hotels in Parati
- Transportation in Parati
- Nightlife in Parati
- Restaurants in Parati
- Shopping in Parati
- Warnings and Dangers in Parati
- See All...
Explore the World
- Zanjev Do Hotels
- Waterloo Hotels
- Thonotosassa Hotels
- Burns Lake Hotels
- Punta Cana
- Departamento de Alta Verapaz
Badges & Stats in Parati
- 16 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Parati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parati
- Posted in Travel Amiens Forum "Re: Cathedral opening hours"
- Uploaded a Video to Parati
- Uploaded a Photo to "Small and not boring... an exception"
- updated a Parati Travel Page "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- Wrote a Review Sargent Fishes mainly in Parati Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of Alless's Parati travel pages
Photos in ParatiSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Parati Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Sevilla 1 review, 3 photos
- Languedoc-Roussillon Intro, 3 photos
- Rouen Intro, 2 photos
Latest Parati hotel reviews
- Pousada Guarana Hotel
- 245 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Pousada Porto Imperial Parati
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Pousada Do Sandi
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Pousada Bambu Bamboo
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Othon Pousada Villa Del Sol Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2012