"Pasadena - Old Time Charm and Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena by pigletsmom
Pasadena Travel Guide: 384 reviews and 1,163 photos
100 years ago Pasadena was a mecca for wealthy midwesterners trying to escape the bitterly cold winters. They built homes here, which enabled Pasadena to have some of the finest examples of early twentieth century architecture in California.The city has done a fabulous job of preserving their history. The city is filled with art, beauty and fabulous tradition. So rich in culture and history, a must see when visiting Southern California.
The Gamble house should not be missed if you are visiting Pasadena. It's the masterpiece of the Arts & Crafts movement in the United States. Designed by the architectural firm of Greene & Greene, two brothers from the midwest who studied classical design and woodworking, but were influenced by Japanese style. The house is the pinnacle of the Arts & Crafts period, between 1900 and 1920. Numerous craftsman bungalows can be found in Pasadena replicating this lovely and natural style. Check out my things to do tip for more info on the Gamble House.
There are many first rate museums in Pasadena, the two notable beiing the Norton Simon and the Huntington Library. But there are many others, There is the Pasadena museum of history, Pasadena museum of California Art, and many others. There is the historic Gamble house, the Wrigley mansion, the Castle Green Apartments, and the Pasadena City hall to name a few.
the photo was taken from the website
It is the Castle Greeen Historic Apartments
One of many fabulous buildings in Pasadena
- Pros:History, Art and Architecture Abound, plus great shopping and dining
- Cons:Parking can be a little troublesome at times
- In a nutshell:So rich in culture, you should not miss it!
Bungalow Heaven is dotted with lovely turn of the century Craftsman bungalows. These homes create a lovely old fashioned... more travel advice
The neighborhood around the Gamble House is a fabulous walking tour of Historic Arts & Crafts homes. Buy the walking... more travel advice
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Pasadena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Pasadena~Route 66"
- "One of the best places to visit in So Cal!"
- "Don't Pass on Pasadena!"
- "Pasadena beyond the Rose Bowl"
- "Pasadena - Old Time Charm and Beauty"
- "Showing Sarah my Home State"
- "Pretty Pasadena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pasadena
- Hotels in Pasadena
- Transportation in Pasadena
- Nightlife in Pasadena
- Restaurants in Pasadena
- Shopping in Pasadena
- Warnings and Dangers in Pasadena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pasadena
- 16 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Pasadena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pasadena
- Posted in Travel Mexico Forum "Wedding Photographer Needed This..."
- updated a Pasadena Travel Page "Pasadena - Old Time Charm and Beauty"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pasadena - Old Time Charm and Beauty"
- Wrote a Review Drive Around Bungalow Heaven in Pasadena Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of BorderHopper's Pasadena travel pages
Photos in PasadenaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos