"Ojai - "Nest of the Moon"" Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai by pigletsmom
Ojai Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 162 photos
Ojai reminds me of a 1930s fruit crate label. It's filled with things that are wonderful and reminiscent of early 20th century California. Ojai has never allowed big chains or fast food restaurants to come into Ojai, and that's one of the reasons why it still retains it's old fashioned look and charm today.
Ojai was founded more than 1,500 years ago as a Chumash village. It's modern name is from the Chumash and means "nest of the moon".
Where is Ojai?
Ojai is appoximately 1 1/2 hours north of Los Angeles, and twenty minutes inland from Ventura. 40 minutes south of Santa Barbera.
Take highway 33 east off the 405 Freeway.
- Pros:Wonderful nature and quaint town!
- Cons:I can't think of any.
- In a nutshell:Charming untouched Nostalgic California farming town!
Tottenham Court is a little english cafe serving tea, sandwiches, and desserts. Wonderful shaddy courtyard seeting in... more travel advice
A light weight backpack to hold everything in. Layered clothing. Sometimes it can get cold or very hot on the hikes. A... more travel advice
- See All When Hiking in Ojai . . .
- See All Bikers and Buffalo Burgres
- See All Antique Shops are all over Town
- See All Local Artists, Galleries, Studios and...
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Ojai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ojai - "Nest of the Moon""
- "Ojai, California"
- "Get away from Santa Barbara"
- "Another California page solely about food"
- "Relax, unwind, and some time in nature!"
- "LizC's new Ojai Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ojai
- Hotels in Ojai
- Transportation in Ojai
- Nightlife in Ojai
- Restaurants in Ojai
- Shopping in Ojai
- Warnings and Dangers in Ojai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ojai
- 44 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Ojai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ojai
- updated a Ojai Travel Page "Ojai - "Nest of the Moon""
- Posted in Travel Mexico Forum "Wedding Photographer Needed This..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spanish Mission Architecture & Artisan Tile"
- Wrote a Review Much more than afternoon tea in Ojai Restaurants
- Commented on one of Guantanamera's Ojai travel pages
Photos in OjaiSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos