"Cortona" Cortona by pigletsmom
Cortona Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 221 photos
You've heard people say that a town is unspoiled, well I think Cortona is spoiled. It's a nice town, but it's not my favorite. There are so many Americans studying and living here, that sometimes it's hard to find any Italians. When I visited, they were filming "Under the Tuscan Sun" with Diane Lane and there were lots of Hollywood people milling about. This probably did not help my opinion of the place. The town is pretty, however I do not intend to make another trip to Cortona,
I guess I've seen enough.
- Pros:Pretty town with nice Architecture
- Cons:Far from everything else, lots of Americans, and nothing special
- In a nutshell:Only if you have lots of time on your hands
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Cortona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "America has landed"
- "Living a Tuscan Dream"
- "A Perfect Tuscan Experience"
- "Bellissima Cortona"
- "Cortona - charming and historical hilltown"
- "The Town that Frances Mayes Built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortona
- Hotels in Cortona
- Transportation in Cortona
- Nightlife in Cortona
- Restaurants in Cortona
- Shopping in Cortona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortona
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Cortona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortona
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos