"Spello is a Delightful Surprise!" Spello by pigletsmom
Spello Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 51 photos
Founded in the 1st century BC by the Romans, Spello is filled with history. It is a very small Umbrian town, easy to explore if you don't mind hiking up and down hills. It is right off the main highway. The locals are very friendly, and the town is not touristy at all. The entire town is built on the original roman roads that are as wide as an ox cart. Parking is easy, there are lots of spots in the main square. Towards the back of the town, there are some lovely medieval homes and some nice country scenery.
- Pros:Beautiful Historic Roman roads and houses
- Cons:Not much to do but walk around
- In a nutshell:Pretty Umbrian town with no tourists
Medieval Palace turned into a hotel. Regally decorated with Italian stately charm. 4 Stars. more travel advice
I found this place on the internet. It looks lovely. Check out the website listed below click on more images more travel advice
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Spello Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Italian charm"
- "Spello is a Delightful Surprise!"
- "My favorite place in Italy!"
- "Pietra e Fiori"
- "The old town of Spello"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Spello
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Spello?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spello
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos