"Stern Beauty of Volterra" Volterra by pigletsmom
Volterra Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 399 photos
Volterra is a mountain fortress town that has a stern dominating beauty. There is a somber feeling to this town, but not unhappy or negative, just serious.
Volterra has some interesting architectural details
When I visited Volterra, which was a Thursday afternoon, there was hardly anyone on the streets.
- Pros:Pretty town with few tourists
- Cons:Absolutely Deserted when I visited this town
- In a nutshell:Interesting and worth a visit
The scenery around Volterra is very lovely. Take your time driving and you'll come across some lovely vistas. more travel advice
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Volterra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Etruscans rule!"
- "Bogu iza nogu"
- "Volterra: The Etruscan Town"
- "Etruscan delights"
- "Remembering 30 years ago!"
- "Beauty of old villaggio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Volterra
- Hotels in Volterra
- Transportation in Volterra
- Nightlife in Volterra
- Restaurants in Volterra
- Shopping in Volterra
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Volterra
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Volterra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Volterra
Photos in VolterraSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos