"Homps - Great base to explore the region" Homps by pigletsmom
Homps Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 27 photos
If you want relaxation you've come to the right spot. Homps is directly situated on the Canal du Midi and makes for a nice base to explore the region. There are many lovely medieval towns nearby to explore.
It runs right through town, so you can catch a cruise or take nice leisurely walks. Either way the canal is very pleasent and soothing. I found it very, very relaxing.
Please read my restaurant and hotel tip. This B&B was fabulous and made my stay in Homps very enjoyable.
- Pros:Relaxing, quiet town on the pretty Canal du midi
- Cons:If you want nightlife, then maybe you'd have a problem staying here
- In a nutshell:Nice town that makes a great base to explore the region!
The incredible Abbaye Fontfroide is just about 20 minutes away from Homps. Very beautiful and unusual tourist excursion.... more travel advice
Catch a one hour cruise in Homps for a lovely tour of the canal. The tour is in both english and french. Great scenery... more travel advice
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Homps Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Homps - Great base to explore the region"
- "A great place to visit the Canal du Midi"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Homps
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Homps?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Homps
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos