Vaison-la-Romaine Off The Beaten Path Tips by pigletsmom Top 5 Page for this destination
Vaison-la-Romaine Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Lovely fountain in one of the nice cafes
Just down the road is the pretty town of Malaucine. The town is small but it is filled with very nice cafes and restaurants.
The town also has a lovely church and wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
The extraodinary lovely town of Crestet is actually walking distance from Vaison la Romaine. It's set up on a hill overlooking the valley. The town is a truly authentic medieval village untouched by time. Offers spectaular views of the countryside at the top of the town. One of the highlights of my trip. Really lovely.
The castle at Le Barroux
Visit the nearby town of Le Barroux. It's about 20 minutes on a pleasant country road. The town has a fabulous castle situated at the top. The town is just lovely with no tourists.
Nyons on Market day
Just several kilometers away, Nyons is really lovely and worth a visit. Market day is Wednesday and is very vibrant and energetic.
More Reviews (10)
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Vaison-la-Romaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vaison La Romaine - More than just Roman Ruins"
- "Vaison la Romaine"
- "Summer in France"
- "An Antique City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Hotels in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Restaurants in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Shopping in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Vaison-la-Romaine
- See All...
Explore the World
- Terre Haute Hotels
- Humberside Hotels
- Kaneohe Hotels
- Gauja Hotels
- Zanzibar Island
Badges & Stats in Vaison-la-Romaine
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vaison-la-Romaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Posted in Travel Mexico Forum "Wedding Photographer Needed This..."
- Wrote a Review Mistral Winds and Allergies in Vaison-la-Romaine Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Incredible Tiny Medieval Hamlet - Crestet"
- updated a Vaison-la-Romaine Travel Page "Vaison La Romaine - More than just Roman Ruins"
Photos in Vaison-la-RomaineSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Vaison-la-Romaine hotel reviews
- La Fete en Provence
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2012