"Vaison La Romaine - More than just Roman Ruins" Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine by pigletsmom
Vaison-la-Romaine Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 102 photos
The town of Vaison La Romaine is known for their extensive Roman ruins and rich ancient history. I actually found that to be the least interesting part of the town. Though the Roman ruins are impressive, what I really enjoyed was the beautiful medieval section and the very friendly locals. The town also has great shopping, quailty items like pottery and linens for good prices. It was one of the highlights of my trip to France. I just adored it and plan to return.
There is the upper town, which is Medieval and the lower town which appears to be 18th-19th century. The upper town is very quaint, with narrow cobblestone streets and cute shops.The lower town has more shops, restaurants and busy streets. Both are very nice. The lower section also has the Roman Ruins and the Old Abbey.
The old Abbey located in the lower part of town is very pretty. You get a great view of it from the Post office parking lot, which is where this photo was taken.
- Pros:Lovely town with few tourists, and the locals are very sweet and friendly
- Cons:Absolutely no cons that I could see
- In a nutshell:What a find!
Vaison La Romaine is famous for some of the oldest Roman ruins in France. I'm not really that interested in Roman... more travel advice
Visit the nearby town of Le Barroux. It's about 20 minutes on a pleasant country road. The town has a fabulous castle... more travel advice
pigletsmom's Related Pages
Vaison-la-Romaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vaison La Romaine - More than just Roman Ruins"
- "Vaison la Romaine"
- "Summer in France"
- "An Antique City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Hotels in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Restaurants in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Shopping in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Vaison-la-Romaine
- See All...
Explore the World
- Huntington Beach
- Lago di Como
- Playa del Carmen
- State of Orissa Hotels
- Pedas Hotels
- Greater Accra Region
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Hotels
- Pedong Hotels
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- `Atlit Hotels
- Matandang Naujan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Vaison-la-Romaine
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vaison-la-Romaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Posted in Travel Mexico Forum "Wedding Photographer Needed This..."
- Wrote a Review Mistral Winds and Allergies in Vaison-la-Romaine Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Incredible Tiny Medieval Hamlet - Crestet"
- updated a Vaison-la-Romaine Travel Page "Vaison La Romaine - More than just Roman Ruins"
Photos in Vaison-la-RomaineSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ojai Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaison-la-Romaine Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucca Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos