"Take me home!!!" Saint Lawrence by Cat1976

Saint Lawrence Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 45 photos

Won't be going there again!

I spent 2 weeks in St Lawrence in September 2001 and it has to be the biggest let down of my life.....apart from reaching 25 and not being the size 6 millionaire as I had planned as a child!

Ok, so maybe I am being a bit harsh...we did manage to make the most of it....read 8 books, drank my own body weight in beer and witnessed alot of turtles making sweet love at the Barbados Wildlife reserve on the day we could leave the hotel complex.

I would go back, not to St Lawrence though...and only on the promise I could return again FOR FREE, and the weather did not equal that of February in the UK!

• Last visit to Saint Lawrence: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Jul 21, 2005

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Don't apologize for being harsh. If it sucked, I sucked. It is what it is. You're not the only one, who was disappointed. I just got back from there a month ago, and have similar feelings. Not only about St. Lawrence, but the island in general. I was ready to leave after the second day, which never happens. And it wasn't about the weather, 'cuz the weather was beautiful, and so was the island, but the people there are SOOOO RUDE! And for me, if the locals are rude, it ruins the whole place for me. But St. Lawrence itself is one of the worst places I've ever stayed. There were a lot of creepy locals, and the ocean there was too dangerous to swim in, which I was really looking forward too. :(
    I would not go back even if they paid me. Of the countries I've visited thoroughly, Barbados was by far my least favorite. The people there were not friendly at all, and I did not feel safe or welcome there. So I really can't understand why almost everyone says they are friendly.

• Feb 14, 2005 at 8:25 AM

You too :o) I had that experience in sept 1998 while hurricane Geroge was around.

• Chinacat1969's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 5:57 PM

WHY WAS IT SO AWFUL? I AM HEADING THERE ON 2/1. HOPE IT TURNS OUT BETTER BETTER THAN YOU EXPERIENCE!

Cat1976

“I'll go anywhere once....twice if they let me back!”

Badges & Stats in Saint Lawrence

Have you been to Saint Lawrence?

Latest Activity in Saint Lawrence