"My first trip to Mexico! An incredible journey!" Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende by Royal63
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 285 photos
San Miguel de Allende is a grand old colonial city, situated in the center of Mexico, in the state of Guanajuato. 145,000 people call this city their home. Don't be surprised if you see gringos (an American). It is becoming a popular retirement home for us Americans. Part of my family just bought a home there this month.
The great part about San Miguel is the archeological monuments that still stand. The majority were constructed between 900 and 1100 AD.
.As you walk around San Miguel de Allende, make sure you watch where you walk since the road & stones are uneven. Also wear comfortable walking shoes. Often you are so busy looking around that you don't pay attention to the road, or traffic. It's an awesome city to see. You never know what buildings are around the corner.
I recently returned from San Miguel, Dec. 18-27, 2004. I will be returning May 10-17, 2005. Would love to meet anyone that lives in the area!
This is the plane that flew me out of California, into BJX- Leon airport. Here we are getting back on the plane after a brief stop in Zacatecas to pick up more passengers. They also checked our passports.
You also have another option of flying into Mexico City, but you would need to take a 4 hour bus/shuttle ride to SMA.
There are also other options. Mexicana is a red eye flight, so you get to Leon faster, but we are taking day flights from now on.
I am not sure of the name of this church or temple. It is located on Canal street, about a block away from the Jardin Principal. Almost every street you walk or drive down, you will most likely spot an old building, church or monument. It's breathtaking. You will never be bored here.
- Pros:People are very nice, everything is inexpensive and the weather is great!
- Cons:The water filter system needs to be worked on.
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit, or retire in. Very colorful city. Many things to see and do here.
Conveniently located near the Jardin on Mesones, this Chinese restaurant is a refreshing stop after a long day of... more travel advice
Wonderful place to sit and relax with friends. Enjoy the western ambience in a Mexican atmosphere. Service is super,... more travel advice
Royal63's Related Pages
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Miguel de Allende"
- "My first trip to Mexico! An incredible journey!"
- "Another Side of Mexico"
- "San Miguel de Allende, Mexico"
- "Special Lil' Place"
- "Travel Notes from San Miguel de Allende"
- "SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE, MEXICO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Allende
- Hotels in San Miguel de Allende
- Transportation in San Miguel de Allende
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Allende
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Allende
- Shopping in San Miguel de Allende
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Allende
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Allende
- 17 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San Miguel de Allende?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Allende
- Posted in Travel Pacifica Forum "Where is a good inexpensive..."
- Commented on one of karenincalifornia's San Miguel de Allende travel pages
- updated a San Miguel de Allende Travel Page "My first trip to Mexico! An incredible journey!"
- Wrote a Review Be sure and stop by the China Palace! in San Miguel de Allende Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Be sure and stop by the China Palace!"
Photos in San Miguel de AllendeSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 25 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pozos Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Sedona Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Ciudad de Dolores Hidalgo Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Loleta Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 3 photos