"York" York by Atre
York Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 201 photos
York, according to its official site, was the first Western Australian inland settlement, settled in 1831. Many of its historic buildings have been preserved to lure tourists to this significant town nestled amongst broad farmland. Located about 2 hours drive of Perth, it makes a good day trip, driving through the picteresque Darling Ranges, enjoying views of hills, flowers and forest.
- Pros:Historic, interesting buildings
- Cons:In summer, fly swarms!! Also not much to do
- In a nutshell:A town steeped in history
Atre's Related Pages
York Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's York - Western Australia"
- "York - a slice of history"
- "York - The Oldest Inland Town in WA"
- "A lovely little town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in York
- Hotels in York
- Transportation in York
- Restaurants in York
- Shopping in York
- See All...
Badges & Stats in York
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to York?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in York
Top 10 Pages
- Christchurch Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Koorda Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milford Sound Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Perth 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marlborough Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Kalbarri Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Rottnest Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Dunedin Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.