"Historical grounds!" Poltava by orre79
Poltava Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 10 photos
See the fields where the Swedish empire was finally doomed as Karl XII lost his whole army (18000 men) in the battle against Russian Tsar Peter the great and his 40000 troops. You will get much out of your stay if you have studied this historical event a bit before or know russian. Take a taxi the two km to the museum of the battle outside the city. Not much was back then written in english unfortunately, maybe it has changed?
Also see the memorials of the Russian and Swedish soldiers that died there.
You arrive by train, probably from Kiev ~2h to the north. Leave your luggage at the trainstation, you will only need a day!
- Pros:Must be seen by passing Swedes!
- Cons:Hard to get arround without some russian language.
orre79's Related Pages
Poltava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The spiritual capital of Ukrainian"
- "Historical grounds!"
- "Shelter from Chornobyl's radiation for my children"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poltava
- Hotels in Poltava
- Transportation in Poltava
- Shopping in Poltava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poltava
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Poltava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poltava
Top 5 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Gräftåvallen Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Ljusdal Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kimito Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Mérida Intro, 3 reviews
No friends yet.