"Bozeman, Finally!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman by cpiers47

Bozeman Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 85 photos

Having lived in Bozeman for almost 5 years, I'm just now heading out with my camera to take some pictures and share this amazing town/city/place. My additional motivation is that I won't be here much longer...

Where am I?

Bozeman is a small city in southwestern Montana. The city swells each fall with the return of students to Montana State University and who are responsible for much of the city's great winter energy. Being close to Big Sky Ski Resort (and Moonlight Basin and Bridger - other ski mountains) pulls a great number of skiiers in as well.

In the summer, tourist business is in full swing, despite the fact that it can get quite hot. Bozeman is only 100 miles from Yellowstone Natl. Park and many use it as a stopping point.

I've been told that 25 years ago, Bozeman was an entirely different place: it was a cowboy town. I'd try to describe that idea but I don't know that I can. Let me just say that Bozeman used to be what everyone thinks Montana is.

That's all changed. We have multiple restaurants that serve sushi, health food galore and not a Rocky Mountain Oyster in sight (google that and don't blame me for what you learn!).

Don't get me wrong, you'll still see your share of cowboy hats and boots and big Dodge trucks are the transportation method of choice. Not far from the city, there are farm and ranches that have been under the same ownership since the 1800s. If you're brave, you'll venture out into the country in search of the Montana you thought you'd find. It's possible...but you'll have to know where to look.

Top Fives

Before I visit a new city, I check VT, read guidebooks and quiz my friends about what I should see. I leave equipped with lists of things to do. So, for anyone considering a visit to Bozeman, here are my lists!

Top Five Things to Do

Yellowstone National Park
Virginia City and Nevada City
Livingston
Hyalite Canyon and Hikes
Hot Springs (Norris or Chico)

Check the Friday supplement to the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. The "This Week" section tells about cultural events in the area each week. The Emerson Culture Center, Wilson Auditorium, Ellen Theatre and Montana State University are all venues for events.

• Intro Updated May 21, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM

You've added more, wonderful! Nice page Carrie!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2009 at 5:21 AM

sounds&looks like an interesting place. best wishes. Bora

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Love the video!!!!!

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Ciao! Thanks for your kind words on Misc Forum! Enjoy the coming weekend!

• ourworld's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Wow, you live here?? It seems so beautiful, and I love "cowboy's cities"...the wild wild west!! :-) Thanks for your comment, i will see your pages. Ciao ciao Carrie (what a beautiful name!) Sara

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Right- 'placed' you, now:-) xx

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

HeHe! Montana is on my major "Hit List" of places to revisit and Bozeman is part of it (along with Big Timber, Missoula and Hamilton) - nice page. Cheers! John.

• gildapaolina's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Ciao Carrie, you're welcome in Sardinia at any time! Thanks for greets and good luck with your job in Bozeman :) Gil

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Montana looks good! Hadn't heard of Bozeman until now...

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I have so many pictures of the "ellen" and we used to eat breakfast at O'Briens (my maiden name) but now that it is gone, good tip for breakfast.

cpiers47 Used To Live Here!

cpiers47

“Andiamo ragazzi!”

Badges & Stats in Bozeman

Have you been to Bozeman?

Latest Activity in Bozeman