"A Grand Town" Dublin by cpiers47
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,195 reviews and 9,662 photos
While we only had two days in the city, I fell in love with it. Part of my satisfaction was gained when I realized that many of the important "touristy" sites can be visited in a matter of hours, giving plenty of time for pubs, walking and shopping. As it was, we spent plenty of time checking sites off our list and an equal amount wandering and enjoying the city.
At the end of those two days, we felt that we had an idea of the city, had seen plenty of it and could comfortably come back knowing our way around.
Of course, as Americans in Dublin, we joined the masses searching for the perfect pint of Guinness in a couple of Dublin's many pubs. Our findings: 1) go on locals' recommendations - we were never steered wrong and 2) Guinness DOES taste different in Dublin.
There are 2 O'Donoghue's in the city. One is in Temple Bar and we were told it is inferior to the original one on... more travel advice
The ordering and seating style is similar to a brightly-lit, busy cafeteria. Formal breakfasters looking for a place to... more travel advice
cpiers47's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- "The GREAT city of Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montana Intro, 3 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fountain Hills Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Riomaggiore Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roundstone Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos