"A Grand Town" Dublin by cpiers47

Dublin Travel Guide: 5,145 reviews and 9,472 photos

A Weekend in Dublin

While we only had two days in the city, I fell in love with it. Part of my satisfaction was gained when I realized that many of the important "touristy" sites can be visited in a matter of hours, giving plenty of time for pubs, walking and shopping. As it was, we spent plenty of time checking sites off our list and an equal amount wandering and enjoying the city.

At the end of those two days, we felt that we had an idea of the city, had seen plenty of it and could comfortably come back knowing our way around.

"Publin"

Of course, as Americans in Dublin, we joined the masses searching for the perfect pint of Guinness in a couple of Dublin's many pubs. Our findings: 1) go on locals' recommendations - we were never steered wrong and 2) Guinness DOES taste different in Dublin.

• Last visit to Dublin: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM

So many impressions... Great! Thanks for sharing!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2009 at 6:27 PM

YAY Guinness! That dryer and washer combo sounds great to me! Nice page!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM

I can't fathom how a washer dryer combo works but it sounds cool! One of these days I'll get to Ireland...

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2008 at 11:27 AM

I spent only one day in Dublin - enroute to Italy on one of my trips - loved it - too short. Ahh, for that washer/dryer combo in Italy!

• karcle's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 6:21 AM

hi,good tips :)

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 5:45 AM

I'm trying to get us to Dublin sometime soon and I appreciate seeing your tips! I found that even Guinness in Paris tastes different - no aftertaste at all!! And what, pray tell, is wrong w/ dk choc & mocha for breakfast?!?! :D

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 4:58 PM

I am sure that Dublin has more to see, and you will be the one who will show what people had never seen!;) IRELAND MUST BE FANTASTIC!;)

cpiers47