"Yes, the water really is this blue" Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives by LisaMJ
Maldives Travel Guide: 1,549 reviews and 5,423 photos
Well, we finally made it. After months of research and hassling members who had visited the Maldives for exact details, we managed to choose THE best destination and hotel for our needs.
The Maldives really is the dream destination it appears to be in the brochures. All those promotional pictures I thought must be doctored weren't - the sand really is that white, the water really is that clear and blue, and the sunsets really are all the hues of red and orange you could imagine.
A visit is a must. You can die happy if you have seen the beauty that is the Maldives.
What made our holiday? Yes, our room was fantastic, the island beautfiul, the food exquisite. BUT, thanks to the staff of the Taj Exotica Resorts & Spa, we came away feeling so special, so well treated, and so pleased to have experienced such wonderful, genuine people.
Before we left, we had really wanted a beach villa. This is what we've always stayed in, but when one wasn't available, our travel agent strongly urged us to try a water villa, because there are few places in the world where you get to stay in one.
I'm really glad we did, and here I am sitting on our lower deck after watching the sunset.
The doors onto the deck of our lagoon villa were floor to ceiling and opened right up. It was lovely to lie on the sala bed reading with the breeze coming in.
This picture shows the view from our bed, and the gorgeous shades of blue beyond.
- Pros:Total relaxtion, blissful surroundings, excellent snorkelling
- Cons:There aren't any!
- In a nutshell:Seriously - It's Paradise on Earth
Most Maldivian hotel islands are about rest & relaxtion. There are a few that are known to be a bit more lively, (Kuredu... more travel advice
Please remember that you cannot bring any alcohol into the Maldives as it's a Muslim country.........if you buy some at... more travel advice
- Put 'em Away!
- See All Ocean Pavillion
- All the souvenirs you need
- Dress Code
LisaMJ's Related Pages
Maldives Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maldives by Air"
- "Yes, the water really is this blue"
- "I say: “Sun Island”, but the words don't suffice…"
- "Maldives - A Paradise On Earth"
- "Maldives - sea, sun, beach and snorkeling"
- "Sun Island Resort"
- "A Little Paradise Island-Fiha Lhohi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maldives
- Hotels in Maldives
- Transportation in Maldives
- Nightlife in Maldives
- Restaurants in Maldives
- Shopping in Maldives
- Warnings and Dangers in Maldives
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maldives
- 35 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 120 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Maldives?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maldives
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 35 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Lucia Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Grenada Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Fuengirola Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Alicante Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews