"If a picture paints a thousand words..........." LisaMJ's Profile
WELCOME TO MY HOMEPAGE. PLEASE LOOK AROUND AND ANY COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!
MARCH 2007 UPDATE. LIFE IS GOOD, I'M EVERY CONTENT AND TRAINING TO BE A HOLISTIC THERAPIST AND NUTRITIONAL THERAPIST.
It's my aim to see as much of the world as I can during my lifetime. You only get one chance in life so make the most of it!
I'm quite a mix of Nationalilties;
My father is half Italian and half English, my Mother is Anglo Indian, (and spent alot of her younger days living in Tobago in the West Indies) way back theres some French and Scottish somewhere too.
One particular aim is to visit many Caribbean islands as possible. Of the 4 or 5 I've visited so far, each has it's own unique qualities and can be completely different, so it's always interesting to discover what new flavours an island will bring. There is something about the Caribbean that for me, cannot be beaten.
It criminal but I've never visited either of my 'homelands' - Italy or India, but they are obviously high on up the list of places to visit. I'm hoping to visit Rome or Venice this year for a brief intro.
My husband and I are trying to get the longer haul travelling out the way before we have children. We keep putting off having them because we love travelling so much!
We live in Bournemouth, Dorset, England. We moved to a more countryfied area for a few years but missed the hustle and bustle, so moved back to Bournemouth - hence not updating so much on here lately!.
This is a sunset photo from a holiday, to Grenada in the Caribbean, March 2004. It's still not too touristy compared to other islands, so visit it quick! I've been a very amateur photographer for about 3 years now - holidays are the only chance I actually get to practice, hence not getting that much better yet!
I still look back on this holiday as one of the best ever. It was so serene and this must truly is the most beautiful place on earth in my opinion.
Check out my Maldives page for all the details.
April. 4 nights in Spain - a spa hotel where I can not much other than sunbathe, eat good food and drink fine wine. Same hotel as last year - although there are so many places in the world to see, when it comes to a relaxation break, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
November - have booked a surpirse trip to Prague for my husband -(lets hope he doens't look at this page!). Thank you to all those with fantastic Praugue pages - they have been invaluable and I've only looked at a few so far!
December - Oman. Apparently the new Dubai, but without the cranes, diggers! It is said to be as Dubai was about 15 years ago. Staying at the new Shangri La over New Year - very much looking forward to it. Due to a new business, it's only possible to get away for short breaks, or over Xmas/New Year. As you can imagine this is alot more expensive hence not going for any other long, far away holiday until December.
Can't believe how fast time is flying....is this what happens as you get older!!??
We had a good New Years holiday in Oman, at the new Shangri La Al Husn resort. Any questions just ask.
We are off to Marrakech next month, staying at Riad Orangeraie and then for a short break to southern Spain in May.
We are hoping to have our first trip to Italy in October this year.....perhaps Venice or Rome. (Any advice appreciated!).
Other than that we are saving the pennies as we hope to move house this year.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- New York City
- Boca Chica Key
- Lake George
- Lindcove Hotels
- Gettysburg Hotels
- Vilanova i la Geltru
- Sutherland Shire Hotels
- Cameron Highlands
- Vijayawada Hotels
- Spakenburg Hotels
- South Manitou Island Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 93 Reviews
- 157 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- LisaMJ and neilward are now friends.
- Commented on neilward's profile page
- Wrote a Review Great for a more special night in Barbados Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great for a more special night"
- Posted in Travel Wilaya de Marrakech Forum "Restaurants and dress code"
- created a Oman Travel Page "The New Dubai?"
updated their Profile Page "If a picture paints a thousand words..........."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maldives Intro, 35 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Lucia Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Grenada Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Fuengirola Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Alicante Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos