"DISCOVER THE CITY OF BONAO" Bonao by marshall1
Bonao Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 48 photos
Bonao is sharpening up its image. Every year it explodes into a riot of colour and energy as the enthusiastic townsfolk celebrate one of the the most attractive and hedonistic carnivals around. In fact, throughout the year, the people of Bonao are always looking for a reason to party.
Bonao has been advancing towards modernity with remarkably good taste. The splendid Plaza de la Cultura leads the way - a haven for artists, musicians, dancers and curious visitors. In addition, an array of sophisticated eateries and bars has emerged alongside the old lanes of charming Antillean merchant stores. In short, one can enjoy the thriving new tourist attractions while still absorbing the placid provinicial ambience.
Perhaps Bonao's greatest asset is its proximity to the Cordillera Central. The cool mountain villages of Los Quemados and Blanco are like a window to another time. Here more than anywhere in the country you'll encounter the authentic, warm hospitality of the Dominican campo.
It's a pleasure to wander along endless roads and trails that offer breathtaking views of the mountains and wide landscapes. Outdoor opportunities abound - from hiking to horseback riding, visiting water falls, and mountaineering - a hidden jewel for treasure seekers and adventurers.
- Pros:Gentle , Beautiful People who love to dance and drink,every night!
- Cons:To much rice and beans.
- In a nutshell:The best kept secret in the Dominican Republic
In a country surprisingly hard to find legal access to camping, the first camper friendly place we found turned out to... more travel advice
Looking for somewhere a little different for your next family vacation? How about the unhurried ambience of a rural... more travel advice
- State Of The Art Hotel
- See All BUDGET TRAVEL TO BONAO
- See All Be Beautiful in Bonao
- See All Watch the Master at the Wheel
marshall1's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Bonao
- 38 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bonao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonao
- Wrote a Review Bonao's First Camper Friendly Destination! in Bonao Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bonao's First Camper Friendly Destination!"
- Commented on one of marshall1's Bonao travel pages
- Posted in Travel Dominican Republic Forum "Re: Snorkeling in The Dominican..."
- updated a Bonao Travelogue "Family Fun in the Dominican Alps"
Photos in BonaoSee All Photos (39)
- Bonao Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dominican Republic 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Provincia de Monseñor Nouel Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.