"Slychen's Nan-t'ou Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou by slychen

Nan-t'ou Travel Guide: 134 reviews and 513 photos

from Puli to Shueili (both in Nan-t'ou county)

Took a bus from Puli to Shueili. The bus driver drove very fast (a little bit dangerous sometimes because some parts of slopes are narrow)and she knew everyone on the bus. The mountain and the roads are so beautiful that I forgot to take pictures. )

Puli (in Nan-t'ou county)

Visit my friend in Puli of Nan-t'ou county. She teaches French in a private elementary school. Unfortunately we didn't go visiting together(except one day we went to Miao-Li for her friend's wedding. I remember I went to Hsin-Ying for another wedding many years ago. It's funny I always went to strangers' wedding with her.) because she was busy working (it's a boarding school) I stayed in her dorm near the Chan World of Chung Tai (the elementary school is funded by Chung Tai)so I rent a bicycle(NTD100/24 hr) for my transportation between the dorm and the Puli center. She told me to be back before sunset because the road was dark and some without light (there are all farms except the main road) but I never did. First night I rode from the Puli center, I could see the the temple of Chung Tai(the light) at first so I was sure that's the right direction. When the half way, I couldn't see it. I thought I missed the crossroad and the entrance, but in fact I didn't. The temple is not apparently when getting near. It reminds me of the novel "castle" by Kafka.
There are many temples in Puli so lots of vegetarian restaurants in this small town.

Sun-moon Lake

one day trip in Sun-moon Lake. It's not enough for a lake like this. On my way back to Puli, a man on the bus(only 3 including me and the driver) talked about the local bus of Nan-t'ou and ate waffle all the time.

• Last visit to Nan-t'ou: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated May 11, 2005

Comments

slychen

“enjoy each day !”

Badges & Stats in Nan-t'ou

Have you been to Nan-t'ou?

Latest Activity in Nan-t'ou