"Living With Passion" runwitme's Profile

Living With Passion

I live in 3-rooms apartment, 10 minutes walk from Sunway Pyramid - a shopping mall with Egyptian theme which is adjacent to Sunway Lagoon Theme Park and Sunway Resort Hotel.

I love living in Sunway. The shopping mall is just a stone-throw away. I normally buy my groceries or grab some coffee here before I go home. Lastest blockbusters are shown in TGV Cineplex here.

Food? No problem at all. Plenty hawkers stalls to choose from – Chinese, Malay and Indian (Mamak). Some even open 24 hours. Fast food restaurant like KFC, McD can be found in the Pyramid. Fine dining restaurant at Sunway Resort Hotel.

I take the commuter train to work. Taxis are easily available. Buses are frequent. There are feeder buses for the Light Rapid Transit (LRT) system. It will take 30 mins to reach KLCC (Petronas Twin Towers) using the LRT from Kelana Jaya Station.

Almost everything is available within Sunway. I love Sunway.

Running With Passion

My passion for running started in 1998. I was never a sporty type of person ever since I was in school. My idea of sport was to watching Greg Louganis making his splash on TV. Due to encouragement from my colleagues, I took up long distance running. It is the simplest of sport. All you need is a pair of good running shoes and passion to run.

What other sport in the world let you COMPETE with the world-class international athletes? Tennis? Soccer? Judo? Swimming? None of the above but running in marathon actually does. (Actually, it may seem glamourous at the starting line, but once the starting shot is fired, we will have to prepare to eat their dust, but still, NO other sports give us the opportunity to be in the SAME event with international athletes :) )

My weekends are filled with runs or training for runs. Mostly I go for half marathons and 10K runs. I completed two marathon this year - KL International Marathon & Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. Running also provide me the opportunity to travel and see places differently (there is a lot of differences between zooming along the Penang Bridge in a car vs running on it). I am blessed with some friends who share the same passion in running. We do travel out of KL for runs to places like Penang, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Singapore.

Listening with Passion

Life without music is like the sun without the heat and the heart without a beat. From the morning that I wake up to the moment I slip into dreamland at midnight, music makes my best company. Giving pleasure to the ears to treasure. I love MUSIC.

What is in my Sony Walkman now? Daughtry CD, Ning Baizura's Erti Pertemuan, Pachelbel Forever by the Sea (mesmerizing classical music blended with the sound of the ocean), Justin Timberlake's My Love (Single) CD, Janet's Just A Little While, Deborah Cox's Remixed. My taste of music is considered diverse. Top40s, R&B, Rock, Jazz, Canto-pop, Latin, Classical, New Age, Alternative, Dance, anything. Well almost. I still cannot stand the leave-me-and-I-will-die sounds of Malay sentimental slow rock crap.

I buy an average of 1 original CD a week. There are about 1,200 odd CDs in my collection now. Why do I spend my money on them? I know..I know..Even though,I cannot eat my CDs when I am hungry but music is still the food to my soul. It soothes, it excites, it tells stories, it rocks, it stimulates, it relaxes, it energizes and it most importantly it touches the heart.

Watching with Passion

While cheap pirated VCDs and DVDs flood the market, I still find it worth my RM10 (~USD2.63) to go to the cineplex to catch the latest blockbuster. Love the way caramel popcorn melts in my mouth and the coolness Coke gushing down my throat while enjoying the excitements on the screen. Love the huge screen. Larger than life. Everything seems so huge. Yet Tom Cruise?s complexion looks so flawless. Love the few minutes trailers. The coming attractions. A peek to the future so to speak. Love to escape to the make believe world where pigs flies and money grow on trees. Love the rib-cage rippling sound effects.

Apart from my CDs, I do have a decent collection of original VCDs and DVDs. I have the whole lot of Disney's animated movies, from The Little Mermaid to Finding Nemo. Others -The Matrix, Dead Poet Society, Star Wars - The Phantom Menace, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, The Sixth Sense, Lord of the Ring Trilogy, Infernal Affair, Austin Powers (Oh! Behave?) and more.

Despite of the attempt of being a good law abiding citizen, I am also guilty of buying pirated / illegal VCD & DVD. Easily available in the smaller video stores and petty traders in night market or bazaars. It is not that I want to but the Malaysian Censhorship Board made me. Titles like American Beauty, Monster, Kill Bill, Trainspotting, Passion of The Christ etc etc which will never reach our Malaysian shores due to the "offensive" contents. DareDevil (Ben Affleck, Jennifer Gardner) was banned due to the reference of some satanic creature in the title. Can you imagine HellBoy (Ron Perlman) was renamed Super Sapien for Malaysian release? Nobody is going to hell in Malaysia because there is NO hell according to Malaysian Censor. Yeah -the censorship here is that shallow.

You can lock me a week at home with 100s of VCD/ DVD and some food, I will still be happy.

Travel With Passion

I have a passion to travel. I started traveling to local destinations when I was in college. During breaks, we would plan to travel to college friend's hometown (for free lodging and free tour guide). We still keeping in touch after all these years (can't imagine we have known each other for more than 10 years now) and do occasional trips to Langkawi, Fraser Hills, Penang, Port Dickson, Genting Highland, Hatyai (Thailand) & Singapore.

Travelling work-wise, I am confined in to my cubicle and means of travel are limited to visiting "Virtual Tourist" website. Once in a blue moon, I get the opportunity to go oversea (so far been to Bangkok & Manila) for training. Since, I started working, I save to make at least one oversea trip per year. Will also try to cover as much as local destinations as well. There is so much to discover in my own home country.

I was told that I was a lucky traveler. I won several slogan-writing contests and the prizes came in the form of free holiday trips. My slogans have taken me to California (USA), Maldives, Chiangmai(Thailand), Sydney, Singapore and Vietnam. Winning a slogan writing contest is difficult nowadays as these type of contests have been replaced by SMS contest or get the correct ranking/ voting contest which are impossible to get the right answers). Looks like I have to save more to travel. :)

I am just starting to update my travel page and try to provide as much information as possible to the places I have visited. To those who are visiting Malaysia, WELCOME to our beautiful country. Please let me know if you should need further information about Malaysia to make your stay here more pleasant and memorable.

Blogging With Passion

Everybody is doing it and I do not want to be left out.

Running With Passion

• Intro Updated Feb 25, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
runwitme's Profile Photo

runwitme

“Don't Sweat The Petty Things and Don't Pet the Sweaty Things”

Real Name