"Vieques - the best Eco-tourist destination" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Vieques by liqdstar
Isla de Vieques Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 91 photos
I took a trip in the beginning of August to relax after summer school/summer internship/writing competition..and all that other fun fun law school stuff...
The island is SO amazing. It's incredibly beautiful and untouched..pelicans dive down in the water a few feet from you, wild horses roam free and the biobay is incredible!!! It is one of my favorite destinations by far, and I just hope that the island remains as beautiful as it is now and does not become destroyed by the newly growing tourism industry.
We met so many people who told us stories of how they vacationed in Vieques and loved it so much that they decided to move there! After a trip, you'll understand why.
We rented a small 4x4 to get around the island...you absolutely have to rent a car here or be stranded at your hotel! Sun Bay, Media Luna and Navio Beach are accessible by regular roads, but the remainder of the beaches (the old Navy territorries) are only accessible by rocky dirt roads, so you need a pretty sturdy car!!
Isabel Segunda is the main town, there's a bank, bakery, lots of restaurants, and the ferry stop there.
In Esperanza there is a strip of restaurants and bars.
This island has the most amazing beaches!!! My favorite is Red Beach, the sand is super soft and the water is amazingly clear. I preffered it to Sun, since it's quieter and more like being on your own island. We went during the low tourist season, so we had the beaches almost to ourselves...which was amazing! !
Most of the beaches don't have food stands so bring a snack!
- Pros:Beautiful, untouched beaches, Bio-bay, incredibly friendly people
- Cons:Mosquitos, petty theft, restaurants close early
- In a nutshell:Best Island i have ever visited
There is a fruit and vegetable stand that you will pass on the road to Isabel Segunda. Make a stop and get a coconut! I... more travel advice
ALthough Red and Blue were definetly my favorite beaches, Sun Bay and Media Luna are great too. Both beaches are right... more travel advice
liqdstar's Related Pages
Isla de Vieques Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vieques, PR (Spanish Virgin Islands)"
- "Vieques - the best Eco-tourist destination"
- "Bienvenido a Vieques"
- "Vieques, Puerto Rico"
- "isla nena!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Vieques
- Hotels in Isla de Vieques
- Transportation in Isla de Vieques
- Nightlife in Isla de Vieques
- Restaurants in Isla de Vieques
- Shopping in Isla de Vieques
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Vieques
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla de Vieques
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Isla de Vieques?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Vieques
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Vieques Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bermuda Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queens Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Exuma District Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
Latest Isla de Vieques hotel reviews
- The Crow's Nest
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hector's by the Sea
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Hacienda Tamarindo
- 312 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Casa Alta Vista
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Casa de Amistad
- 216 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hix Island House
- 256 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Trade Winds Guest House
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- At the Waves
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Esperanza Inn
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013