San Miguel de Cozumel Transportation Tips by grkboiler Top 5 Page for this destination
San Miguel de Cozumel Transportation: 4 reviews and 1 photos
My cousins on a scooter
A scooter is a great way to see San Miguel and get around Cozumel. The roads are safe for the most part, as the majority of traffic is on Avenida Rafael Melgar. The price to rent 1 scooter should range from $20-$30 around the island.
I rented from a guy named Israel at Rentadora Hanatol across the street from the International Pier. We talked him down to $20 each since we were renting 2 scooters. Walk directly across the street from the entrance to the pier and his business is on the far left side, next to a woman braiding hair.
Some general safety rules:
Stay to the right of the road and let cars pass, don't speed, and always wear a helmet.
Phone: 872 5496
Cruise ships dock at the International Pier, which is about 3 miles from San Miguel. A taxi into town shouldn't cost more than $6 per person and the ride is only a few minutes long. Taxis line up outside the entrance to the pier.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (6)
grkboiler's Related Pages
San Miguel de Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cozumel for the Diving, Dec 1998"
- "San Miguel"
- "Frequent Visitor"
- "Cozumel - Cruise Attraction"
- "2002 Visit to Cozumel"
- "Cozumel - Island Resort in Gulf of Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Cozumel
- Hotels in San Miguel de Cozumel
- Transportation in San Miguel de Cozumel
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Cozumel
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Cozumel
- Shopping in San Miguel de Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Cozumel
- 8 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to San Miguel de Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Cozumel
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues