"Cabo San Lucas" Top 5 Page for this destination Cabo San Lucas by grkboiler

Cabo San Lucas Travel Guide: 720 reviews and 1,265 photos

Cabo San Lucas is by far my favorite city in Mexico. The atmosphere is great, there is something for everyone, there are plenty of amazing restaurants, good nightlife, and it is the perfect place to relax. And of course it is beautiful.

Cabo is located at the southern tip of Baja California. On one side is the Pacific Ocean and on the other side is the Sea of Cortez. The famous rock formations and El Arco are at Land's End.

The best part of Cabo is its small town feel. It is hard to believe it has tripled in size in the past 25 years. Everything is accessible by foot, and taxis are very reasonable and easy to find if you don't feel like walking. Cabo is not like Cancun where you have to take a bus to get anywhere, and for a tourist destination, it keeps a somewhat authentic Mexican atmosphere within its streets.

There is something here for everyone - world-class fishing, whale watching, snorkeling and scuba diving, nightlife, shopping, a nice beach, water sports, sky diving, ATV tours, and more. Information booths throughout town are more than happy to book anything for you. They can also get you discounts at many restaurants in town.

The best time of year to come to Cabo in my opinion is between October and April. The other months can be brutally hot, and in September many restaurants are closed down for the entire month. If you are coming for marlin fishing, June to December is the time to be here.

I hope to give good tips on what to do and where to eat, but I can't really comment on good hotel deals - I can only comment on the one hotel where my timeshare is located. If you want to spend most of your time specifically in Cabo San Lucas, the best hotel advice I can give is to stay in the town. If you stay between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas, you will be looking at a long cab ride into town, maybe 15-20 min in some cases. Stay in town, enjoy a short walk or an even shorter cab ride.

• In a nutshell:You will not want to leave
  • Last visit to Cabo San Lucas: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 1, 2004

• May 6, 2009 at 10:03 AM

you can get to lovers beach by walking over the rocks by the hotel on the other side. it is not only accesible by boat

• Mar 15, 2008 at 10:34 AM

On march 11/08, I was vacationing on Cabo and I have a life changing experience. I consider myself a very well condition athete and very good swimmer, it didnt matter, I almost drown in lovers beach. Do not swim there!!!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 12:25 AM

thanks for the tips!! will make sure to take some Canadian dollars with us on the boat hehehe thanks again for sharing!!

• Corinneao's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 2:01 PM

Great pages, thanks. I'm going to Cabo in Feb for a wedding. Will be making a vacation out of it.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 9:43 PM

Wow, dinosaur drinking, Scooby Doo, Whales & Beach sunsets! Gotta bring my girls here! Great stuff Nick, now onto the rest of your tips!

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 9:36 PM

I have never been this part of Mexico, so beautiful, wish to go there someday, great page. Happy travel+))))

Badges & Stats in Cabo San Lucas

Have you been to Cabo San Lucas?

Latest Activity in Cabo San Lucas