"NOT A TOURIST DESTINATION ANYMORE" Gary by grkboiler
Gary Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 123 photos
Gary has been a part of my life from birth. My parents were born here, grew up here (as did I running around in my dad's warehouse on 4th Ave. as a kid), and it still remains an important part of our lives through work. BUT...its glorious past as an industrial capital and friendly weekend retreat is dead and the future is uncertain.
The days of shopping and relaxing on the beach are gone. Only a few bright spots remain, such as Miller and the new ballpark. The days of homocide, destruction, deterioration, and pollution have been around for over 30 years. I think it bottomed out a few years ago, but it is still one of America's biggest eyesores.
My advice - don't EVER stop in Gary.
(More pics and info to come in the future)
- Pros:Miller, new ballpark
- Cons:Everything Else
- In a nutshell:Don't bother
grkboiler's Related Pages
Gary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana...."
- "Kickin' it in tha city of Gary, Indiana!"
- "More Than a Musical Comedy Song"
- "City of contrasts"
- "Tough town"
- "tom0990's new Gary page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gary
- Transportation in Gary
- Restaurants in Gary
- Warnings and Dangers in Gary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gary
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gary
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues