"Szentendre" Top 5 Page for this destination Szentendre by grkboiler
Szentendre Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 617 photos
Szentendre is a small, quiet town on the Danube about 25 km from Budapest. It is a great place to take a day trip if visiting Budapest. It is one of the bigger tourist spots in Hungary outside of Budapest.
The town was built by generations of Serbian and Greek refugees escaping Ottoman rule in the 14th century. There are some Orthodox churches dating back to the 18th century.
There are also more than a few souvenir shops selling Hungarian specialties such as wines and lace.
The Serbian Ecclesiastical Art Museum is located next door to Belgrade Cathedral. It is full of icons and religious... more travel advice
Once inside the Blagovestenska Church, check out the beautiful iconostasis. This was painted by Mihailo Zivkovic. more travel advice
grkboiler's Related Pages
Szentendre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Serbs, Schlock, and Sacred Art in Szentendre"
- "A Great day trip from Budapest"
- "At the bend of the Danube"
- "Short guidebook to Szentendre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Szentendre
- Hotels in Szentendre
- Transportation in Szentendre
- Nightlife in Szentendre
- Restaurants in Szentendre
- Shopping in Szentendre
- Warnings and Dangers in Szentendre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Szentendre
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Szentendre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Szentendre
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues