"Arachova" Top 5 Page for this destination Arachova by grkboiler
Arachova Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 119 photos
Arachova is a small mountain village that doubles as a popular ski resort not too far from Delphi. It is famous for its handwoven goods and flokati rugs which are sold on the main street in town.
Nearby is the monastery of Ossios Loukas. It is tough to get to if you aren't renting your own car, but worth the trouble. It is a world-heritage listed location with some beautiful frescoes. It was founded in the 10th century.
Inside the crypt you can find the remains of Ossios Loukas and other saints, along with more beautiful frescoes. Loukas... more travel advice
I wasn't sure which page to put this on. The nearest town is Distomo but that is not on VT, so I decided to put it on... more travel advice
grkboiler's Related Pages
Arachova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arachova - close to Delphi"
- "The balcony of Parnassus"
- "Arahova, a mountain town"
- "Love at first sight"
- "Visit Arachova"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arachova
- Hotels in Arachova
- Transportation in Arachova
- Restaurants in Arachova
- Shopping in Arachova
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Arachova
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Arachova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arachova
Photos in ArachovaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues