"Poros" Poros by grkboiler
Poros Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 31 photos
Poros is a beautiful island that looks like it could be connected to the mainland. It is just 360m from Galatas on Peloponnesos at its narrowest point. It is actually 2 islands that are joined by an isthmus. Kalavria is in the north, and Sfairia, where Poros town is located, is to the south. The town is a great place to walk around.
Poros doesn't have much as far as ruins, but the remains of the Temple of Poseidon where the orator Demosthenes committed suicide in 322 BC. The population was sparse throughout history until Greeks from Turkey arrived in the 1920s.
I only stopped for a short time and walked around town. I will have to return to see the rest of the island.
In Poros town, it is very nice to walk along the waterfront and up the little alleyways. more travel advice
grkboiler's Related Pages
Poros Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viky's wedding on Poros"
- "Sailing to and around Poros island"
- "Poros Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poros
- Hotels in Poros
- Transportation in Poros
- Shopping in Poros
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poros
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Poros?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poros
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues