"Praha" Prague by grkboiler

Prague Travel Guide: 11,874 reviews and 24,810 photos

Prague is without a doubt my favorite city in Europe (that I have visited). It is simply amazing. There is so much to see and do here, and the atmosphere is incredible that just being in the city and walking through its streets is worth the trip alone.

I was impressed with the scenery and the friendliness of everyone in the city. I was equally impressed at the low cost of beer and took advantage of this as often as possible.

Prague was my first stop in a trip through Europe and was definitely the highlight. I was happy I had to pass through here again at the end of my trip to catch my flight back to Chicago and made sure I enjoyed every second of it.

Most of my favorite memories on my trip occurred in Prague. I would have to say the best moment was having the Charles Bridge all to myself at about 3 AM walking back to my room.

Looking around, you can see the Prague Castle all lit up and hear nothing but the wind, your footsteps, and the sound of the Vltava River below. The silence is somewhat eery. But being on the bridge at midday when it is packed with tourists and merchants does not compare to walking it all alone in the dead of night. You get such a sense of history and understanding of the significance of this city while walking past the statues that it overwhelms you.

If I ever return to Prague I would return in winter so I can see the city under a blanket of fresh snow. I can only imagine how amazing it must look.

• In a nutshell:This city is a must-see!!!
  • Last visit to Prague: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 3, 2004

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Good page! I've re visited Prague a week ago.

Ciao!

• Jul 27, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I ate at Pivnice u Glaubicu on June 30th. The waitress gave us the most expensive version of a meal without informing us of the fact. Also, she purposely tried to overcharge us. She handed us a hand-added bill on a napkin that had been inflated.

• sikorka's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2006 at 6:34 AM

Hi Nick, realy good tips about nightlife, I'll try to go to those places this October.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 10:18 AM

I have seen yor pages again! Ciao!

• Yenny's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 6:00 PM

Nice Pages, makes me excited to travel to Prague.

• bct341's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 8:47 PM

Nick, great photos and tips on Prague.. Makes me realize how much there is to see in this city... will definitely refer to your page if and when I start planning a trip there... great work.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 4:04 PM

You have certainley worked hard on your Prague page, did you like the Dancing House, I thought it looked rather odd amonst those wonderful old building!

• Arjaree's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2004 at 8:56 AM

Prague has really been moving up to the top of my long list. Lots of info on your page. Thanks for sharing!

• Nov 5, 2004 at 2:30 AM

The monument near castle is "Plague Column". It was build to thank St.Maria for ending plague in Prague. Btw nice pages :)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 1:33 PM

Bravo! Thanks for this fantastic tour of Prague, your page brought back many wonderful memories for me. By the way, that monument outside St. Nicholas church in Mala Strana is a plague monument. Nazdravi (cheers)!

Badges & Stats in Prague