"Praha" Prague by grkboiler
Prague Travel Guide: 11,874 reviews and 24,810 photos
Prague is without a doubt my favorite city in Europe (that I have visited). It is simply amazing. There is so much to see and do here, and the atmosphere is incredible that just being in the city and walking through its streets is worth the trip alone.
I was impressed with the scenery and the friendliness of everyone in the city. I was equally impressed at the low cost of beer and took advantage of this as often as possible.
Prague was my first stop in a trip through Europe and was definitely the highlight. I was happy I had to pass through here again at the end of my trip to catch my flight back to Chicago and made sure I enjoyed every second of it.
Most of my favorite memories on my trip occurred in Prague. I would have to say the best moment was having the Charles Bridge all to myself at about 3 AM walking back to my room.
Looking around, you can see the Prague Castle all lit up and hear nothing but the wind, your footsteps, and the sound of the Vltava River below. The silence is somewhat eery. But being on the bridge at midday when it is packed with tourists and merchants does not compare to walking it all alone in the dead of night. You get such a sense of history and understanding of the significance of this city while walking past the statues that it overwhelms you.
If I ever return to Prague I would return in winter so I can see the city under a blanket of fresh snow. I can only imagine how amazing it must look.
- In a nutshell:This city is a must-see!!!
If you are looking for designer and name brand items, the place to go is around Wenceslas Square and the street that... more travel advice
Staromestska Restaurace is nice restaurant right on Old Town Square. They have a good menu with Czech specialties and a... more travel advice
- Bring plenty of film!
- See All Travellers Cheques
- See All Strahovsky Stadion
- See All Hockey
grkboiler's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "prague czech republic"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 87 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Photos in PragueSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 110 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 111 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 87 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 82 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 42 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 50 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues